What TV shows are you watching? (2023)

Essentially it’s a zombie apocalypse show with some father (figure) - daughter emotional drama thrown in. So it’s much more adaptable than say a blue hedgehog who runs fast, or a fat, Italian plumber who gets big after eating mushrooms. Not sure I’ll watch it though. Kinda burnt out on the whole post apocalyptic zombie genre.

After only forty years?

1 Like

Just finished episode 1 of The Last of Us.

Friggen brilliant.

It’s good. Very good.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to check it out. It’s being heavily promoted where I live because the whole series was filmed here (around various cities in Alberta, Canada).

They would put out warning about explosions going off downtown in the city where I live so that people wouldn’t panic.

1 Like

Ok, I watched four episodes of Velma. It was laugh out loud funny once or twice per show.

writer :point_down: of that show I just realized.

I believe he studied at NTNU MTC around same time I did (or a year or so after), as he hung out with the crowd of Amerks from MTC that would go clubbing/drinking Fri/Sat. nights. Funny guy back then. Down to earth.

1 Like

Of course, nothing is above being satirized—it’s my opinion that even the best things in life deserve to be lambasted comedically. But Velma doesn’t feel like it’s knowingly and lovingly trying to make fun of a political view, or anything else, it identifies with. It’s nearly impossible to understand who this show is for. Even still, Velma’s mistakes might be forgivable if it was at least funny. But it’s not. And so, we’re left with a show that makes no one laugh and makes everyone mad, and doesn’t even have a great theme song. To quote a great Great Dane: ruh-roh.

Again, I thought it was fine. The opening scene in the shower was unnecessary. I don’t think they even curse. I could be wrong.

1.3 out of 10

I wouldn’t trust any rating system for a show with so much buzz. But hey, I liked Cable Guy when it came out.

1 Like

Ferris Bueler is on Cinemax right now

1 Like

Cameron went to Egypt town, let my Cameron goooooooooo.

Cable Guy is an unappreciated masterpiece.

1 Like

Comedy with a message? Whaaaaat?

I suppose if you like your comedy so woke you get chronic insomnia then you’d like Velma

Just finished season 4 of Fauda on Netflix. Pretty good account of the complicated problems between Israel, Palestine and Lebanon. Based on the true life experiences of Lior Raz and Avi Ischarroff when they served in the IDF.

Have you seen it? It’s really not that bad. Tame compared to woke shit I have to go through at work, like in real life.

Someone is killing teens and removing their brains. They thought it was Fred. It wasn’t. Scooby is an online person only seen in texts. Shaggy is clean and sober and delightfully romantic.

Had the VHS. Have the DVD.

I think it is available on Netflix or Disney+.

Which reminds me I wanted to get up to speed in ST:Discovery but it is no longer on Netflix and I can’t find it elsewhere.

I don’t know. The only option I have is if something comes up randomly on the telly.

Yeah my local cable has it but it is a weird channel that does kind of block marathons of tv series, could be Discovery, could be Law and Order Victims unit. Right now they are on their second day of The Masked Singer, which looks horrid and can’t stand even while channel surfing.