What would you do if an invasion from China became imminent?

Get down to the beach with a food cart and sell ice cold Bud and snausage on a stick!

Sell binlang on the beach next to JDCapitalist…and bottled water.

probably would start practicing my “er”… might be handy… or try to organize a trip to Senkaku… heard Kensai is very nice with the autumn leaves… I would probably be out of job, because the attack on Taiwan would mean that the world economy would crumble because of the IT biz…

Loot the KMT!

“I live in Taiwan, I like Taiwan, but I don’t plan to die here.”
True enough but I think the depature venues will be occupied
by people with more money - hence the “ccpcannonfodder”.
My father’s war was against the fascist Nazis, my war would be
against the communist Chinese.
(Although since the Chinese have caved on communism,
I guess they’re fascists now too!)

Spoken like a true instigator.

Sure I’ll support a party and a policy that brings ROC and PRC closer to an armed conflict, but don’t expect me to die for it. :bravo:

Such is my love for this island I call home, I would - if China attacked - flee with the artworks from the National Palace Museum. Protecting these national treasures would be worth risking one’s life.

Sure I’ll support a party and a policy that brings ROC and PRC closer to an armed conflict, but don’t expect me to die for it. :bravo:[/quote]

A bit rich, after all you don’t live here.

Mr. He
“A bit rich, after all you don’t live here.”
Understatement doesn’t really convey the opposite of
hyperbole.
Hands up, who said “Let them eat cake!”

Sure I’ll support a party and a policy that brings ROC and PRC closer to an armed conflict, but don’t expect me to die for it. :bravo:[/quote]

A bit rich, after all you don’t live here.[/quote]
Nor do I advocate supporting policy that will result in the death of people residing on the island as well. Policies I support usually result in the increase standard of living for ROC citizens.

JD and TC - don’t set up shop at the beach, as the traffic is too easily dispersed there. Set up your carts at either the south entrance of Sun Moon Lake or Theresa Deng’s grave. I’d suggest along the train route to Alishan, but it’s likely that SateliteTV will already have that area staked out.

A bit rich, after all you don’t live here.[/quote]
Nor do I advocate supporting policy that will result in the death of people residing on the island as well. Policies I support usually result in the increase standard of living for ROC citizens.[/quote]

Given your lack of involvement in this place, why do you even bother?

If the President declares independence, I don’t think it will be solely based on my advice, honestly, I think that the election arithmetics will be the only thing that matters.

Thus my opinion is not important.

Just like yours, apart from the fact that yours are crap, that is.

ac
“Sure I’ll support a party and a policy that brings ROC and PRC
closer to an armed conflict, but don’t expect me to die for it.”
-your sarcasm comes back to bite you on the ass.

Kind of tough sending employees to Taiwan, If the employees insist on getting the place blown up.

a.c.
WTF
“Kind of tough sending employees to Taiwan,
If the employees insist on getting the place blown up.”

What makes you think the commies want anything but Taipei and Taoyuan? :laughing:

I’m sure they have heard of the hairymen roaming the hills of Chayi and Nantou and will avoid those places at all costs.

But they covet our Shaoshing Wine and Wulong Tea :laughing:

Kind of tough sending employees to Taiwan, If the employees insist on getting the place blown up.[/quote]

You don’t even live here.

AC’s arguments aside, how come it’s ok to not live here and propose green arguments, a la Shrimpcrackers, but not ok if you propose blue ones?

[quote=“ccpcannonfodder”]
(Although since the Chinese have caved on communism,
I guess they’re fascists now too!)[/quote]

The stories my grandparents used to tell me about their everyday lives under Adolf let me arrive at the conclusion that the political ideas of the ruling faction within the CCP have much more in common with fascism than one might think. Clan liability, reprogramming camps, total media control, wholesale paranoia…the list goes on. As a teenager, I used to be a commie…and then I started studying sinology. So go ahead, call them Nazis. It’s what they are.