What's a reasonable amount to pay for a date?

Xinyi one is fine tbh, most of the time.

Perfect date place, little bit fancy and not too expensive

I had her pay. Call it a test.

Well, yeah, restaurant or coffee shop is the norm. Just nothing too expensive unless you’re a sucker.

I’m married now, but back when I was dating if I thought the person was nice enough, but there was no chemistry or attraction I’d sometimes pay early just to get the hell out of there. I’d only go Dutch if the date was a real cold fish or (not mincing words here) bitch, but that only happened once or twice.

As for a roll in the hay, I never expect to get laid on the first date. If it happens, great. But it wasn’t conditional to whether I treated or not. In fact if she puts out on the first date, she’s probably not girlfriend material.

Yeah, I tried that theory once, just out of curiosity. The idea that someone’s view of you may become more positive if they do a favour for you has some solid research behind it, but my research suggests it only works in very narrow contexts. YMMV, but unless you’re God’s gift to women, expect really poor mileage (especially on a first date). @Explant: how about your test result?

1 Like

For me, the question of this test is how shallow a per son is an how much they care about other people giving them stuff. I don date for fun an to take girls hone. I date to search for a life partner. Usually i avoid women that seem less than idea for my lifestyle before the date

Anyway, happily married, to answer your question. Work with her everyday of every week, and we get along pretty great. Its easier to filter earlier on :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No guns. But they do sell tomahawks.

1 Like