What's the Deal with the Stickers 7-11 is Giving Me?

You can trade them with me for a big hug.

But any winnings are then mine.

Come on. You’ve been here for two weeks. Surely you know?

To be honest, I’m not sure. I think that there’s a website and there’s also a thread on forumosa that shows the numbers. My wife handles all this sort of stuff and has done for the past 5 years. I don’t even know what size my underpants are.

We do tend to win several hundred NTD every draw. Once we won 10,000! Although the miserable buggers taxed us 22%.

Come on. You’ve been here for two weeks. Surely you know?

To be honest, I’m not sure. I think that there’s a website and there’s also a thread on forumosa that shows the numbers. My wife handles all this sort of stuff and has done for the past 5 years. I don’t even know what size my underpants are.

We do tend to win several hundred NTD every draw. Once we won 10,000! Although the miserable buggers taxed us 22%.[/quote]
Really?
Hmmm… that would be winning back my water money… Not a bad deal…

Thanks!

[quote=“Lili”]
How does one check?[/quote]
7-11 and Family Mart have the winning numbers on little paper hand-outs on their counters.

Seems that all stores that give out “legal receipts” are part of an island-wide lottery here: english.etax.nat.gov.tw/wSite/ct … Node=11648

Info: tainanbulletin.com/taiwan-re … ottery/435

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Lili”]
7-11 and Family Mart have the winning numbers on little paper hand-outs on their counters.[/quote]
Really? I never knew that and I’ve been here 364 weeks. 362 Weeks longer than Lili.

[quote=“Funk500”][quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Lili”]
7-11 and Family Mart have the winning numbers on little paper hand-outs on their counters.[/quote]
Really? I never knew that and I’ve been here 364 weeks. 362 Weeks longer than Lili.[/quote]
See my post just above yours :wink:

Damn, the things you can learn off a newb :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Lili”][quote=“Funk500”][quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Lili”]
Really? I never knew that and I’ve been here 364 weeks. 362 Weeks longer than Lili.[/quote]

Damn, the things you can learn off a newb :P[/quote]

The sarcasm is weak with this one.

Astonishingly, shockingly, a simple search throws up this extensive thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90838&start=240&hilit=receipt+lottery

[quote=“Funk500”][quote=“Lili”][quote=“Funk500”][quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Lili”]

Damn, the things you can learn off a newb :P[/quote]

The sarcasm is weak with this one.[/quote]
There was sarcasm in my reply… which you didn’t get… apparently…

JIMI! That did NOT come up in my search. AND I tried to the google trick too. BAH. Search, you have bested me again!

If you see those long lineups at Starbucks, it’s because they’re cashing in their 2 for 1 coffee deals once those 7-11 cards are full. I guess you could do that, instead of giving them away!

Explain. You buy stuff at 7-Eleven and can then get a 2-for-1 at Starbucks???

REALLY?!

Are you sure about that? There’s a condiment section inside Taco Bell with all the Fire, Hot, and Mild sauces for you to select…they don’t put it in your bag with your orders unless you’re doing drive-thru (and they don’t put a lot unless I ask for a bunch).

ten stickers = 2 for 1 at Starbucks.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And how much money does one have to spend to get a sticker?

Explain. You buy stuff at 7-Eleven and can then get a 2-for-1 at Starbucks???

REALLY?![/quote]

Yeah they are owned in Taiwan by President Corp, both of them. So it makes sense.

Dont you get icecream too at ColdStone?

I think for every sixty NT you get one sticker.

Except for cigarettes. They don’t go towards your total for stickers.

Except for cigarettes. They don’t go towards your total for stickers.[/quote]
Power bills and the like don’t go towards your total either.

This current special is one point for every 66NT spent; you can get stickers until October 9.

I’ve only ever used these deals for buy one/ get one free at Starbucks, and at Coldstone. There are a bunch of other specials that I’ve never used: Dream Mall (?), Mister Donut, “Afternoon Tea”, Cosmed, Pizza Hut, etc.

To be a penny-pinching foreigner lame-oo: you’re probably still better off shopping at PX Mart/ 全聯, or whatever it’s called, and buying even more Starbucks with what you save.

Starbucks advice which you probably already know: 10NT discount if you bring a cup; if you use their membership card, with every 1000NT card top-up, you get one point that basically buys you any medium drink (with specifics varying by the month). But I forget how I actually got that membership card.

And if you’re just buying a simple coffee or latte to go, the convenience stores are far cheaper without much of a difference in quality.

Don’t worry, Doc. I’ll give you mine :wink: