What's the name of the awesome western bbq place in Kaohsiung?

Trying to find it now

What awesome BBQ place? I live here and we definitely donā€™t have anything like Baba Kevinā€™s.

We have Smokey Joeā€™s, but itā€™s mediocre at best. Are you sure youā€™re not thinking of the southern style (but non-BBQ) Arkansas Diner?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the place.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Itā€™s great. But itā€™s not really BBQ lol. I mean they do have a pulled pork sandwich though.

Itā€™s near Aozihdi Parkā€¦ get off at the Aozidi MRT and itā€™s in one of the nearby alleys. Just Google Maps it.

1 Like

Even has its own thread.

2 Likes

Cow on fire?

Thereā€™s a more decadent version of it, I forgot the name but it (deservingly) starts with a ā€œTheā€. Like ā€œThe Haroldā€ or something.

Itā€™s worth going just for that sandwich. But it would be a shame to do so and miss the pecan pie with butter pecan ice cream.

Truly a gem here.

You can try ā€˜German Soulā€™. They have some good meat on the menu.

2 Likes

German Soul is great. :+1:

Super friendly owner too. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve been to an expat restaurant where the owner sucked or was rude.

1 Like

You obviously never visited Papa Giovanniā€™s back in the day then. The owner was so rude and obnoxious it was actually quite funny.

1 Like

Fortunately I missed that experience :sweat_smile: Was that in Kaohsiung?

No, Taipei way back in the day, this message board was full of messages about the place at the time.

1 Like

This one is nice too