What's The Next Line

New game. The idea is that so many songs are about the same things that there must be frequent lyrical overlap. So I’ll post a line, or part of a line from a song, and the recording artist. You post the next line. It might be from the same song for from another. Don’t for get to post the artist’s name. It might be fun.

To start:

“I’m gonna love you . . .” Doors

“… Like no one’s loved you.” ~ Ray Charles.

Wow. The only other poster we have here good enough to play this game is TheGingerMan. Awsome, Ginger, Thanks for playing. And I love that song, and I love the way these guys do it.

Next: Something easier, maybe.

"Happy together . . . "~Ray Charles

“If I should call you up” - The Turtles

stop calling stop calling I don’t want to talk anymore . Lady Gaga

“I don’t want to talk about it.” R. Stewart

Thanks for the compliments, housecat.

This game might more easily be played if we include the line prior to the one we are submitting.
Such as:
“I don’t want to talk about it now
I wanna go down.” ~ Emmylou Harris.

“I wanna go down
on you” - Marilyn Manson

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Thanks for the compliments, housecat.

This game might more easily be played if we include the line prior to the one we are submitting.
Such as:
I wanna go down.” ~ Emmylou Harris.[/quote]

That’s what I had in mind, but it’s harder.

Let’s see:

“I want to go down on you like rain” B5

[quote=“housecat”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]Thanks for the compliments, housecat.

Such as:

That’s what I had in mind, but it’s harder.[/quote]
Well, I guess upon reflection, that would be harder. Especially if you perverts get all nuanced about “going down”. Emmylou might have been talking about going downtown, or most likely going down, down to the ground.
Lie Down In Darkness, Styron.

So I take it we can use just a part of the previous submission to proffer another?
If so:

“Just like strange rain” ~~ Elton John

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote=“housecat”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]Thanks for the compliments, housecat.

Such as:

That’s what I had in mind, but it’s harder.[/quote]
Well, I guess upon reflection, that would be harder. Especially if you perverts get all nuanced about “going down”. Emmylou might have been talking about going downtown, or most likely going down, down to the ground.
Lie Down In Darkness, Styron.

So I take it we can use just a part of the previous submission to proffer another?
If so:

“Just like strange rain” ~~ Elton John[/quote]

“Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head” Thomas

I guess this is more of a musical stream of conciousness type thing. Anyway, I kind of like it.

[quote=“housecat”]
“Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head” ~~Thomas

I guess this is more of a musical stream of conciousness type thing. Anyway, I kind of like it.[/quote]
Suits the crux of the biscuit!

“Free Falling” ~~ Tom Petty.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]

“Free Falling” ~~ Tom Petty.[/quote]

“. . . falling out of love with you.” ~ The Civil Wars

“Still in love with you.” ~~~ Thin Lizzy

“Still in love with you.” ~~~ Thin Lizzy[/quote]

“Still of the night” ~ White Snake

In the houses of night where the bulldogs purr and the alley cats bite - Song: Again And Again by Robert Hunter for Phil Lesh & Friends

Cat in the craddle…Cat Stevens now Yusuf Islam

Surely you mean Teaser and the Firecat.

Moonshadow moonshadow. I have to stop I am dating myself. All I really wanted was to to write Yusuf Islam.
Three cool cats - Beatles.

I am the morning DJ from WOLD… Harry Chapin