What's the very BEST damned burger in Taipei?

Oh that semi-roundabout! Ok, will check it out. Thanks!

Yes that one. Report back :grinning:

My other go to on Xinhai road is Oma’s bakery across other side of Roosevelt. They seem to have opened a coffeeshop now as well.

1 Like

What happened was that they had to close the venerable Goethe restaurant -same owners, same bakery products- that for a couple of decades was located next to Wenzhou park. They had to move due to landlord greed -exorbitant rent increase, we all know the story. They got a better deal right on Xinhai, couple of steps away from the main Oma bakery, so a renovated Goethe is now there for everyone to enjoy.

Not exactly a burger but they do offer a meatloaf sandwich and a German meatball sandwich, both with pickles and veggies. Just had one for lunch, I think it was like 48 NTD. Very filling and tasty. Afternoon tea is about 120 NTD I think, with drink of your choice, coffee or tea. Sammich also available for breakfast.

1 Like

Meatball sandwich for 48?

Nice German bread, pickled cabbage, mustard, onions, lettuce. have a picture somewhere, hold on…

1 Like

From their Facebook page they seem to also have a food truck roaming around!
Curious to try this one, it looks pretty good. Root beer shake sounds interesting, but 160nt holy shit

I noticed this truck in front.

Ah yeah the old Taiwan brand virtue signalling where they park something outside their shop or place it in a window . It’s shallow but it works in this very materialistic place.

This time they’ve really upped the game from a Vespa or Italian road bike to a nice vintage VW van!

But I guess this may be the food truck mentioned so maybe it is practical then …

Went by Burger Ray for another try the other day.

The burger is good and like all the optional extras but it seems like the hamburger itself is about as round as a NT$50 coin. Half my sandwich was bread.

@tango42 Yeah, they kinda stick a meatball in the middle. It would help if they flattened them out just a bit.
The complimentary queso at the toppings bar is gone now too.

Really? It was there 10 days ago. Maybe they are going the way of most places and slowly cutting costs before eventually closing.

That mustard relish condiment or whatever was good.

I’ve tried a few burger joints in town now, including Burger Ray, Selfish Burger, and Wagyu Burger, but so far nothing has beat this.

Wait…what??? Where??

Their stuff looks pretty nice! North of Keelong river for me is a bit “middle of nowhere”, I very rarely go there, but I’ll definitely save it on Google Maps in case I pass by there.

1 Like

Ah BSB. I’ve seen it but never tried it. Definitely a lunch stop next week.

Went to Sheep and Pony yesterday for lunch and had a nice, juicy, no nonsense burger (gouda cheese, caramelized onions over a thick patty). They don’t even give you ketchup, but you can ask for it. Next time I’ll try their tacos.

Punch Burger people Punch Burger. It’s kind of out of the way for some on Shida and Roosevelt corner but worth the trip.

1 Like

Wow. I never thought that the Shida Road entrance—right at Taipower Building MRT Station—would be considered “out of the way”. This is basically ground zero for many of us here in the international community. : D

Guy

1 Like

Anything outside of Daan or Xinyi for Instagram Taipei types will be ‘roughing it’.

1 Like

The go-to burger joint in that neighborhood used to be KGB. Haven’t been in years. Is it still good?