What's the very BEST damned burger in Taipei?

If you’re in KHH, Burger King just opened up next door in the SMK mall.
Just sayin’

This thread is about Taipei and “the very BEST damned burger” in that town.

Where’s a thumbs down button? : D

Guy

1 Like

Well, hands down, Burger King is better than KGB burger in Gonguan.

But it’s “famous” and good location.

For me, Le Blanc has the best one. It’s $400 for burger and fries if you go for lunch.

1 Like

It’s just my opinion. But honestly, who lives in Shitda anymore? Maybe 20-30 years ago that was the place to be (45, 99, DV8, two or 3 bars in basements, etc.)

It’s $400

I should hope it’s good. Wow!
But it defeats the whole purpose of a hamburger - a cheap beef sandwich.

1 Like

45 is closing, I think this very weekend. Tai power want the building back.

I’m in Khh, otherwise I’d come visit. I almost forgot, Spin and Vibe. Any old timers here, who could forget vibe - where you met your first girlfriend…ahhh memories.

Wow, 45 is closing. I actually don’t drink anymore (feels great!), but if I was visiting Taipei and looking for memories, what’s left? Or what’s there that’s like those quaility bars mentioned above.

1 Like

Roxy just opened yet another iteration called Roxy X. Most of the action now is in craft beer bars of which there are many. I also no longer drink.

Revolver absorbed the typical customers from a lot of those other places.

I was making my own bugers mince from Costco and burger buns, Mince consistency is minced to fine and buns are not that great.

I bought a mincer, beef from traditional market, great but I fail at making Brioche buns and can’t find them anywhere.

1 Like

You might try calling here and asking if they would do a batch for you…

Purebread Bakery
No. 15, Lane 154, Siwei Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106
02 2219 1335

1 Like

A friend once told me that I needed to pound the beef like a baseball into a catcher’s mitt. Again and again until it compacted. It works to keep the burger together nicely on the grill. The fact is, ground beef has zero flavor, you need to play around with spices/salt.

A few years ago I invested in a La Crucette cast iron grill pan, really expensive but it turns any gas stove into a home bbq pit. I’ve never regretted buying it.

Who makes the best burgers? I do.

2 Likes

I found some pictures, Revolver it looks nice, kinda upscale compared to say…basement 99 on a Saturday night. I’ll head there next time I’m in town.

little salt, black pepper course, small amount grated onion.
You can try fine grated carrot into the mix, keeps the moisture softer bite.

I’m out for visiting lots of bars for next 4 weeks before I go back home, maybe I should try a burger in each?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Burger-Restaurant/Butcher-by-Lanpengyou-112877023708211/ This place opened but never been

1 Like

Craft beer and cocktails. Just from observation, hottest place with younger Taiwanese crowd is Draftland, around the corner from OnTap https://www.facebook.com/draftland/

Noted. Very simple, but I’m sure effective. I never thought to add grated onion. I’ve wanted to get away from the ‘industrial’ mixes that I’ve been using (mexico spice mix anyone?)

How is OnTap doing? I believe one of the founders is also working Carnigies. Is that place still…ladies night is dodgy night? (Carnigies unlucky used to be: when you don’t go home alone)

I stay away from both of those places. Definitely neither attracts a younger crowd. When I went to OnTap last it looked very old in the tooth. I think Taipei just has a lot better places these days