What's the very BEST damned burger in Taipei?

Looks like Sheep and Pony on Renai. Tried it once. I’ve had better.

I ate their sliders this past weekend and well, the rest of the day and overnight I didn’t feel so well. They also didn’t taste good.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Thefreen Burger has opened a restaurant in Urban One. Didn’t go in as we were headed to Paulie’s upstairs, but will definitely stop by for the burger soon!

Selfish Burger

the Smoky and Spicy is one fine Burger, not spicy like you expect, spicy so that it just enhances the hamburger flavors.

They are possibly a bit small. But tasty.

1 Like

Damn, I’m going to try them one of these days, and will report here.

Different location. What do you guys think of the burgers here? I’ve had lunch there a few times already…

https://goo.gl/maps/fQEX8PxktSguSCUPA

Went to 13 Burger in Shida night market today and was pleasantly surprised. I recommend the avocado burger, which is not on the menu but on a promotional table tent next to the cash register. As soon as I saw that I scratched my original order and went for that, and boy was I glad! Their secret ingredient: a slice of fried cheese that complemented the meat both in taste and texture.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a really good one. The fries and the sausage are shite though.

Deleted

Went to KGB Kiwi Gourmet Burgers today in the Shida area, and it…was not it. The garlic fries were ok, but the main event was not good. Wish I went to 13 Burger instead, damn!

No? usually very reliable

I’ve been disappointed with their food and prices a few times.

1 Like

Reliably overcooked/dry patties in my experience, if you’re referring to KGB.

2 Likes

Huh, I usually like it. I like my meat well-done though.

That’s how you ruin beef. It should be pink to red and juicy. You must love lots of Taiwan burgers if you like overcooked.

I call it “cooked” :slight_smile: I’m weird, I like my meat cooked, what can I say. I know, I know, everyone thinks it sucks. YMMV and all that

3 Likes

Yeah, it was definitely overcooked and dry today. And for some reason, the burger was still leaky, and it sure as hell wasn’t from a juicy burger patty…

Most people like beef to be cooked properly, which is rare to medium rare, not just cooked any old way. In the case of a burger even medium is okay. Anything beyond that and there’s no point wasting the money on good beef.

Yeah, it depends on if you like your meat cooked or not. I get it.

1 Like

Yeah, the Taiwan version (and apparently also the New Zealand version) of “gourmet burgers” is to overcook the beef until it’s dry and flavorless and then try to compensate for that by putting fancy toppings on it. It’s a bit like polishing a turd. I badly miss gourmet burgers in the US.

I’ve been to KGB twice and it was that way both times. I only went the second time because the place had so much hype that I thought maybe my first experience was a fluke, but it would seem not.

No, it depends on if you like beef cooked properly or overcooked to the consistency of shoe leather. You clearly don’t get it.