What's the very BEST damned burger in Taipei?

This is a key component of a good gourmet burger, period-- no matter what country you’re in or how it is cooked. If that’s not done here, that would help explain why the quality is so hit-and-miss.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but Oldie’s Burgers by Taipei Main Station is delicious.

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/Fa-Burger-105590114689662/

I had this for dinner last night and it was good.

1 Like

I was surprised to find that nobody mentioned my favourite vegan burger restaurant in Taiwan, URBN Culture in Xinyi District. But then I Googled to make sure I had the right details and found that it’s permanently closed! This is very sad news. :sob:

1 Like

Umm . . . those aren’t burgers.

2 Likes

It’s close to my office and we have it for lunch sometimes.
It is good, but I wouldn’t say it’s " the very BEST damned burger in Taipei"

I also wouldn’t classify it as burger, unless you also count Subway as one. :smirk_cat:

1 Like

I picked up two sandwiches of their regular roast beef. One on a focaccia and the other on a croissant. My fav is the focaccia.
It was really good.
Rare, tender, thin sliced beef.

3 Likes

It is if you squint.

I had the short rib sandwich on a focaccia. The short rib was HUGE so it was plenty for two people. There was so much meat and it wasn’t all that expensive.

2 Likes

Has anyone had a burger at M One Cafe. (Or anything else there)?

I’ve been there and found the food very bland.

1 Like

Incidentally, I had a burger at Buttermilk yesterday and was very underwhelmed.

There’s a strange tendency among locals in Taiwan to call any kind of sandwich that is in a bun (as opposed to sliced bread) a “burger” regardless of whether there is an actual hamburger patty of any sort involved.

1 Like

I generally recommend my students refer to those breakfast things as hanbao (i.e. use the Chinese word) rather than as hamburgers. Nothing wrong with the taste, but calling them hamburgers just feels wrong.

1 Like

Le Blanc.

End of thread.

7 Likes

I forgot. Ode to Richard.

Miss you. Cruising to Cuba isn’t the same without you and the rest of the knuckleheads you used to hang out with.

See the wiki(Chinese) for hamburger, it shows what you you say. There is a Hamburger photo sold by KFC (not sure if in Taiwan), so by this people would think hamburger can have any kind of things inside it. It is interesting to read the history of this food.

Faceplant. Thank you for reminding me why when we were trying to make this forum a gourmet Asia site and it failed. Congratulations. You succeeded.

And I’m guessing you don’t know who Richard m was.

Carry on. Other restaurants to investigate.