What's the weirdest part of Taiwan? Why is it weird?

The weirdest (as in creepy) guesthouse we’ve stayed in was in Yunlin. So yes, Yunlin.

1 Like

Sigh…I’ve already touched on Taiwanese dog owners in the wack things thread so I’ll refrain here.

Pretty sure the preferred nomenclature is The 17 Dudes and a Dog temple.

ETA: Belay my last, I didn’t see your picture.
Different deal.

Chiayi, I think.

十八王公廟 if we’re getting technical.

Is that the guy who drives all the dogs around in the decked out truck?

It’s the sort of place where you’re a bit nervous about your car breaking down.

1 Like

Thanks. Never thought I’d say this, but Chiayi is now a place I want to go to.

2 Likes

That’s not technical, that’s Chinese.

Technically, the correct name is the Chinese one.

No matter how you call it the nuclear power plant close by makes it really iffy.

Technically, we’re speaking English

That’s a positive in this case. It actually adds to the weirdness.

2 Likes

Technically it does

1 Like

Chiayi county is beautiful…

Yunllin: in laws are rice farmers there. It is weird and beautiful at once.

Hsinchu can get weird along xi da road bing lang stands with women in night market lingerie for miles. Hsinchu is a weird mix of weird overpriced and gloomy on most days.

3 Likes

Cool, I’ll take your word for it! If you could make any recommendations for places to visit, that would be awesome. I plan on visiting Taiwan once all of this coronavirus stuff is over, so it would be good to go somewhere new.

Where is is beautiful?

Well we live in a small village called yuanchang that I dont suspect anyone has been thru. You can see from the hsr it when the hsr buzzes past.

The nearest town would be tuku which is right off the 78. But the small rural roads brick buildings and rice fields are beautiful.

2 Likes

What about that toilet restaurant somewhere in Taipei where everything is served in toilet shaped bowls and it looks like shit.

I don’t recall us staying there.