What's up with my new bike?

Glad you got it sorted :o)

[quote=“Loretta”]Got the bike back at 10pm last night and drove it 40km today without any problems. They said it was a carb/filter problem. Whatever.[/quote]Good to hear that it’s running well again.

[quote=“Loretta”]Just did my first oil change. Amazing how quickly you drive 300km with a new toy![/quote]Stiff upper lip, old chap. You seem to be developing some attachment there. Remember it’s just a transport tool! :laughing:

Let the farkling begin.
Loretta, do you want a single pipe or twin pipe aftermarket exhaust? I would stay with single pipe so that you can load more touring kit on the pipeless side. And a detachable windscreen will help for those runs to Taroko and back. Might need a bigger tank for camping in the mountains… oh yeah, that means an SX wheel set. Hmmm… what was your budget?

Try to find out the exact fuel system problem, please. Inquiring minds, and the debate team, want to know.

Update: it seems fine now. I’ve done about 300km in the last five days. No probs. Happy again.

Did you ever learn the exact problem?

Loretta, please stop riding the moto long enough to tell us what caused the fuel system problem. Was it debris in the tank, gummed up check valve, broken part, etc.?

Um… Maunaloa, that’s three times you’ve asked the same question now, in the space of four posts. Ever hear of beating a dead horse? Loretta may be too busy, or may not feel like posting given the overwhelmingly negative slant some vociferous posters have on the bike, or simply may not know or care what the precise problem was. But I think that we can assume that your question has been seen and doesn’t need to be asked again!

But…but… I would also like to know what the problem was. I’m sure others do, too.

Maybe language barrier is an issue and the OP doesn’t exactly know what the problem is as a result. Or maybe the OP just doesn’t understand what the problem was, period. Well, I guess he could just say that and it would answer the question.

Exactly what was wrong with the fucking bike? That’s not a tough question and I would expect to hear an answer from the guy who asked in the first place and who owns the bike. What did they fix? That’s not that hard a question. No, really. :s

marboulette

[quote=“marboulette”]But…but… I would also like to know what the problem was. I’m sure others do, too.

Maybe language barrier is an issue and the OP doesn’t exactly know what the problem is as a result. Or maybe the OP just doesn’t understand what the problem was, period. Well, I guess he could just say that and it would answer the question.

Exactly what was wrong with the fucking bike?[/quote]It’s been tried before (the repetitive posting and use of profanities in order to get another poster to think or do or post what you want him to). A number of posters have tried it quite extensively in the IP forum, but it hasn’t worked yet.

Good luck to you.

Joe, you’re out of line, IMO. The OP asked for advice, he found out what was fixed(perhaps), and he should clue in the people who responded to his post since it would answer the very question he asked when he started the thread in the first place.

marboulette

Loretta has posted in threads other than C&M since my first two inquiries. Cold-shouldered the thread he started. He’s not a reluctant-type poster, so I infer from the silence that he doesn’t know the exact cause.

Perhaps you could infer that Loretta is not a motorcycle enthusiast and is discouraged from posting by the obsessive behaviour encountered here?

The bike was fixed. I am not experiencing any more problems. Does it matter what the problem was? Not to me, it doesn’t. It’s a tool, not the centre of my fucking life. Now grow up.

Maunaloa’s going to buy the same bike. So I think his question was a natural one to ask. Not because he’s going to change his mind, but because once he’s bought it if he gets a similar problem he’ll be able to sort it out quicker if he knows exactly what it is.

And I think it’s quite normal that when people try to offer detailed help and suggestions, they’re curious as to the outcome.

If you don’t want to answer, that’s fine of course. But I don’t think Maunaloa was in the wrong for asking.

What’s the difference between discussing a carb problem or discussing either animals feel pain or not for 30 pages? How about discussing how to deal with mormons for another 30 pages? Or how about the bullfighting thread? (all threads you started and entertained to the bitter end) Which is more obsessive? It’s just an online discussion like many others, for crying out loud.

[quote]Perhaps you could infer that Loretta is not a motorcycle enthusiast and is discouraged from posting by the obsessive behaviour encountered here?[/quote]The bike is fixed now, and instead of answering those who reciprocated the question he posed in the thread title, he’s telling them to grow up. Fucking brilliant.

People are just curious, man. That’s all. How classy to call them obsessive and ask them to grow up. :thumbsdown:

marboulette

Maunaloa’s going to buy the same bike. So I think his question was a natural one to ask. Not because he’s going to change his mind, but because once he’s bought it if he gets a similar problem he’ll be able to sort it out quicker if he knows exactly what it is.[/quote]Absolutely.

[quote]And I think it’s quite normal that when people try to offer detailed help and suggestions, they’re curious as to the outcome.[/quote]Erm… Yeah. Especially since the question is the same as Loretta’s initial question.

Loretta: “What’s up with my new bike?”

F.com posters: “blah, blah, blah” for 6 pages.

Loretta: “It’s fixed now, thanks for your help.”

F.com posters
: “So what was up with your new bike?”

Loretta: Oh, “grow up.”

:unamused:

marboulette

[quote=“marboulette”]What’s the difference between discussing a carb problem or discussing either animals feel pain or not for 30 pages? How about discussing how to deal with mormons for another 30 pages? Or how about the bullfighting thread? (all threads you started and entertained to the bitter end) Which is more obsessive?

[quote]Perhaps you could infer that Loretta is not a motorcycle enthusiast and is discouraged from posting by the obsessive behaviour encountered here?[/quote]The bike is fixed now, and instead of answering those who reciprocated the question he posed in the thread title, he’s telling them to grow up. Fucking brilliant.

People are just curious, man. That’s all. How classy to call them obsessive and ask them to grow up. :wanker:

And Joe, you’re absolutely right, not to mention maunaloa’s question is the exact same question Loretta started this thread for.

marboulette[/quote]
Well, let me make my points absolutely clear, because I don’t want to get drawn into another shitfest. (Why do we even have that “wanker” emoticon anyway? How can it ever be anything but inflammatory?)

I think it’s fine for people to ask what the actual problem was, and to re-ask the question once if there’s no reply for a few days, though to keep on and on asking would be a bit pointless and bordering on the spammy.

I also think it’s fine for Loretta not to answer. It might have been a little more considerate for him to post and let people know that they wouldn’t be getting the precise answer for whatever reason, but on the other hand I think we should all have the right to not post when we don’t want to.

And that’s it as far as I’m concerned. No further comment.

Is there anything useful anyone else wants to add, or can we consider this thread closed?

[quote]I also think it’s fine for Loretta not to answer.[/quote]Oh but he did answer with “you’re obsessive, the bike is not the center of my life, grow up.”[quote] It might have been a little more considerate for him to post and let people know that they wouldn’t be getting the precise answer for whatever reason[/quote]“Less inconsiderate and arrogant” is how I would put it.

[quote]can we consider this thread closed?[/quote]Should have been temped right off the bat. Just get the bike fixed and don’t ask questions those who ARE bike enthusiasts just so you can call them obsessive and ask them to grow up because they want to know “what’s up with the new bike.”

Case closed, indeed. Lock her up and swallow the damn key.

marboulette