What's With All the Suicides on the News?

I’m not trying to stir up trouble, but I’ve grown to kind of like that about Taiwan.

I try to monitor myself about it, though. When I read or see items about bad happenings in my home country, there’s a temptation to think, “I’m glad I’m over here.” But I get scared when I think that even briefly, because bad events can happen anywhere, and bad events can also happen specifically to me.

Still, I hope Taiwan’s news will always be mostly about things on the order of scooter-overturning winds (provided no one is hurt) and Uncle Wang’s extraordinary vegetables. And I hope my life’s events will also be of that kind.

6 Likes

:laughing:
The next time she says that, ask her why she is calling herself an idiot.

Haha I would, except she was one of the “smart ones” who moved to China too. She doesn’t live in Taiwan.

Hong Kong woman according to this news report from outside of taiwan.

20-year-old student from Hong Kong who was studying in Taiwan.

Incantation II

1 Like

So you’re the descendent of entitled KMTers complaining about far right parties in Europe and the US and right wing political positions in Taiwan by expats? :grinning:

Aren’t you shitting in your own nest?

Yes. I complain about my KMT grandmother all the time (she actually served in the Kaohsiung City Council as a KMT representative). Although she’s 92 now and can’t understand much of what I say.

Well, the DPP is a poor man’s KMT. All politics in Taiwan is brown feces. Good Chinese or Taiwanese don’t enter politics.

Yes. Minus the massacres.

1 Like

The Hoklos sure didn’t treat the aboriginals well when they first came over as fishermen.Drove em up into the mountains. Likely more carnage than White Terror.

We were talking about the DPP vs. KMT though. Not Hoklos.

I don’t think the DPP has massacred anyone yet.

1 Like

Well they did enthusiastically supported the invasion of Iraq and the “War of Terror” and wanted to send Taiwan troops to join in the destruction

Not surprising. Seems the DPP supports anything the US does. :roll_eyes:

:laughing:

Then you can ask why she curses herself.

1 Like

If that’s the case, do you think there might be a reason for it?

It’s not “nice”. It’s stupid and ignorant.

1 Like

You don’t post it in Temp then. You can create a new topic inside the relevant forum.

Temp is for minor rule violations

I didn’t know that. I’ve started a thread or two (or maybe three?) in the past, and nobody said I couldn’t, or even scolded me.

Feel free to delete the thread.

1 Like

That’s the thing, it’s a good topic, that’s why I discourage people from posting in Temp. Temp is for minor rule violations and folly that doesn’t fit inside the topic, but someone wanting to create a new good faith discussion is welcome to post in regular forums.

If you want to create an off topic discussion in good faith that has a place on this forum…

You can click the timestamp.

And then press New Topic to post it in an appropriate forum. In this case, this would be about US politicians trying to interfere in the KMT’s favour, so that’s about Non Taiwanese politicians so International Politics would be its best fit.

Would be the same thing if let’s say it was about a restaurant and someone wanted to know more, we’d post that in the Restaurants Forum.

4 Likes

I understand and will do so in future.

2 Likes