What's With All the Suicides on the News?

Interesting, did not think this so much

If you enter politics through ideology you’re probably foolish. Most enter due to the financial incentive, during and after the political career.

And many KMT’ers studied in the US on a KMT scholarship. Getting green cards and citizenship for good measure.

1 Like

Studying in the US is nothing. Even more of them started businesses in China and moved their whole families there permanently. As a whole, they’re definitely more pro-China than pro-US.

1 Like

A brief review:

–“Text of President’s Statement on Ties With China,” New York Times, December 16, 1978

–Edward Friedman, “Foreign Affairs: On Taiwan, Fear and Loathing,” New York Times, January 24, 1979

–Kathleen Hwang, “Chen wins, Lien calls election invalid,” United Press International, March 20, 2004

–“Lien arrives in China on historic visit,” Al Jazeera, April 26, 2005

–Mo Yan-chih / Staff reporter, “‘One country, two areas’ proposed by Wu Po-hsiung,” Taipei Times, Mar 23, 2012

2 Likes

Thread Expectation:- discussion about suicides and prevention

Reality:- summink about China

neva change 4-uh-mosa

5 Likes

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new. — Pema Chodron

3 Likes

@yyy i’m reading this and thinking it’s the CCP’s fault :cactus:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

What about all the suicides not in the news?

Not all get published and exact locations are frequently not stated so as not to soil the building.

1 Like

Anyone heard about a male foreigner that “fell off a building” and died this month maybe around 18 Dec?

1 Like

Possibly a Canadian.

:astonished:

I haven’t been able to find anything about it on the rest of the Internet. But my not having found anything else on it isn’t determinative of whether the information is there.

Daniel D. from Canada. Artist, English teacher, etc. Kids. Been around Taiwan quite awhile

1 Like

Is there an open online official government place national, city , etc. to check for deceased?

another one in the news, sad for wife and kid

Man dies after jumping from building in northern Taiwan | Taiwan News | 2023-03-22 17:51:00