What's Your Favorite Time Of the Day?

Some folks like the evening. Some, the morning, And still, others, the middle of the day. Where do you fit In?

I’m a night/morning person. That means If i’m up past a certain hour, I’m liable to stay up, and see the next one threw. It probably has something to do with that night shift job I worked for 2 years, irregular Liquor Store Hours, and chemical residue left over from University.

A nice tie-in conclusion:

4:20 :beatnik:

5:00 :beatnik: :beatnik: :beatnik:

Is this in the morning?

I like the hours of 0430 - 0530. Always have - I like the early morning time.

Even as a young spud I liked to get up early. Maybe because of growing up out in the country - maybe just a weird biological clock.
I like the mornings.

How about that, TC, we have something in common. :beer:

I’m also a morning person. I like getting up early for a bike ride or to go to the gym while everyone else is sleeping. After getting dressed and heading out the door one wakes up quickly, the blood starts flowing, one gets a rush of endorphins, and its all quiet and peaceful out there, the traffic and pollution are light, the sun is just starting to rise and it feels great knowing that my workout will be done before most people have climbed out of bed and all day long I can eat cake or sit on my ass and not feel guilty, because I already got the exercise over with.

But even without the morning bike ride, I like to get up early – especially if I’m going camping or skiing or something like that but even if I’m just heading to the office, to get a nice peaceful headstart and have that feeling of accomplishment already by the time people start straggling into the office at 10 minutes after the hour, with their breakfast in hand, bitching about another day.

Crazy as it may seem, I even like when my internal clock is thrown off after returning to Taiwan from the States, so I wake up at 4 am and can clean up the house a little, go shopping, do my laundry, play around on the computer and so forth, before eating breakfast and arriving early at the office. Of course that means getting to bed by 10 or 11, but that’s fine.

Have to agree. I first got tuned into the pre-dawn mornings while getting up for a long day’s surfing safari as a kid. Later working nightshift I loved the fact very few else were awake at that time.

A favourite weekend pastime is to get up pre-dawn, potter about for an hour or two then clamber back into the cot around 9:30am. A really indulgent weekend would involve a glass of wine or something burnable at this time. Divine.

HG

I’m amazed there are other early morning dudes on Forumosa. I somehow have the image of everybody being a late night computer hacker.

I met TC in Tainan at breakfast time. Now I know why that worked out.

I enjoy the peace and quiet of the morning and there is no baggage to carry, the previous days stress triggers are gone. It’s a new day with a new beginning, you just have to get to the other end of it and still feel good.

Mornings?? You’ve got to be kidding! I’m definitely a night person. Getting up in the morning is NEVER fun for me.

I’m definitely a morning person.

I rarely go to bed after 1030pm and I’m up every morning, Saturdays and Sundays included, at 5 am.

In the office at 6 am on weekdays.

Saturdays and Sundays? In the gym at around 630am.

Nothing like sitting out in the garden in the early morning when most of Taiwan is still asleep.

Cuppa cafe. Silence. Quiet. Peace. :slight_smile:

There are times when Hsinchu is beautiful. :astonished:

So, I’m sitting up on my Yang Mei mountain which I consider to be Taiwans puckered up arsehole enjoying my morning coffee and you’re in Hsinchu doing the same.

What body part is Hsinchu?

Re office in the morning. 1 hour office time in the quiet is worth 1/2 a day of 9-5 time.

between midnight at 4. No one is awake. It is quiet. My bass and I have life to ourselves and can cuddle up on the couch and be left alone.

Miller Time, but preferably with something other than Miller.

So, I’m sitting up on my Yang Mei mountain which I consider to be Taiwans puckered up arsehole enjoying my morning coffee and you’re in Hsinchu (Xinzhu) doing the same.

What body part is Hsinchu (Xinzhu)?

Re office in the morning. 1 hour office time in the quiet is worth 1/2 a day of 9-5 time.[/quote]

What body part is Hsinchu?

The tit. 'Cause I hear expats saying that life in Hsinchu [as opposed to life in Taipei?] is like sucking the hind tit. Dumb kids, dunno what they’re talking about. I love it here in [on?] the tit of Taiwan.

Also the same bunch of kids who come to the office at 9am… dreary-eyed… by which time Stanley already had done his days work…

To impress them I openly spend my days reading posts on Forumosa.

How long can it go out of the water?

<<==== former avatar, its a new record !

SuchAFob and her bass. Sorry I don’t have any pictures of them cuddling on the couch, but I think we can imagine that.

I’ll go one better: best time of the year.

6:00 pm on a warm, early autumn’s day. After finishing some gruelling job, flopping back with a pint or two of something dark–not too heavy–and watching the evening sky set in.

Is that really suchafob? She’s cuter that I’ve been imagining. :smile:

I’ve always been more productive after noon, and I’ve never ever been a morning person. Especially over the last couple of years, my favorite time of day is bedtime (theirs).

[quote=“braxtonhicks”]Is that really suchafob? She’s cuter that I’ve been imagining. :smile:

I’ve always been more productive after noon, and I’ve never ever been a morning person. Especially over the last couple of years, my favorite time of day is bedtime (theirs).[/quote]

Fish hook! J