What's your favorite vegetable? 🥬

We usually cook it in braised recipes with coconut milk.
Like this

2 Likes

Is that the stuff they sell in 7-Eleven?

1 Like

@Hanna , I’ve gotta ask. What do you do with Kohlrabi? Maybe I’ve never had it used properly, but it kind of leaves me wanting something else.

I’ve cubed it for soups, stews, curries, and stir fries. I’ve also sliced it up and added it to salads. Just as tasty eaten raw and pleasantly crunchy. I’m a pretty simple eater, though. Easy to please.

1 Like

Do you like Jicama? Some people call it yam bean.

images - 2020-04-11T152339.134

3 Likes

Grate small amount of carrot into homemade Beefburgers, keeps them moist bit of fibre bulks them out and you can’t taste it.

1 Like

I was introduced to jicama only recently but liked it right away.

2 Likes

One of… Baked brussel sprouts

5 Likes

Part of the fun of eating Brussels sprouts is pretending you are a giant eating whole heads of cabbage.

5 Likes

I miss the ASS off of stalk celery. We only have a bushy, spindly variety here.

images - 2020-04-11T152910.541

I cut in half, put ample amount of olive oil, pink salt and a pinch of black pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Nutty taste👌

3 Likes

Eggplant is my favorite, Sichuan style…

6 Likes

Radicchio. Make a salad with pomelo, some frisse, and shaved parmesan. Dress with olive oil and black pepper.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever had this. It strongly resembles red cabbage but I assume it’s different?

Spicy fried cabbage is another favorite

5 Likes

Its a type of lettuce that’s bitter and a bit spicy. If you have it with olive oil or something fatty like porchetta, its a very nice combination.

1 Like

Add on… Water spinach and moringga

6 Likes

What do you with the Moringga?

Edit. I just realized that it is called Kelor or Turi here in Indonesia!
images - 2020-04-11T154902.247

We sometimes have the blanched flowers with peanut sauce (pecel), but that is REAL down home Java.

1 Like

Without question , my favorite vegetable here in Taiwan is 空心菜 (kong xin cai). I have no idea what it is called in English. Hollow heart vegetable? Ha

6 Likes

I have never eaten moringa but I love to eat this flower:

3 Likes