What's your preferred breakfast?

I just had a delicious fantuan 飯糰 and it got me wondering what people prefer to eat for breakfast here.

饅頭加蛋

Mantou and egg

I like the breakfast at McDonald’s.

3 Likes

Bagel w cream cheese, coffee w/ milk no sugar in NJ pronounced kuaffee

Nothing fancy. Bread, butter and some fruits. And coffee, of course!

A beer and five cigarettes.

9 Likes

Oats with fruit and sweet potato and coffee.

1 Like

Homemade granola with soy milk or yogurt.

1 Like

In Taiwan TsonYoBin or TsonTsuaBin or I just go to subway if I can. They serve regular menu sandwiches at breakfast. I don’t like McDonald’s breakfast so much. On weekends sometimes New York Bagel Cafe with an American breakfast is good.

I wish Taiwanese would serve oyster omelette at breakfast time, not in damn night markets. That would be great.

Maybe peanut butter toast, TW pancake, 燒餅, hashbrown sandwich from the breakfast shop. Finding vegan breakfast that isn’t Western style or incredibly greasy is difficult, seeing as though I live in Banqiao. The situation is much more difficult without a proper kitchen as well.

This place has the best breakfast in Taiwan, order a bacon and cheese danbing and thank me later.

https://goo.gl/maps/HAaW2maBed1o15XH6

2 Likes

Varies quite a lot. At the moment it’s 2-3 eggs, homemade sausage, bacon, and whatever veg I have on hand. Plus coffee. Homemade Greek yoghurt when I remember to make it. Also quite partial to a tuna danbing with sugar-free doujiang. MWD breakfast shops do some good-value breakfast meals, but they tend to be a bit bread-heavy, so they’re an occasional treat.

1 Like

Is this the place that was torn down, at the junction behind the post office? Breakfast there was simply glorious but none of my classmates know where the laoban and the delicious food went.

Crispy dangbin with a sauce to die for…

What is it with you people and coffee? I’ve never understood the allure.

When I arrived in Taiwan, coffee pretty much didn’t exist, apart from as a novelty in the laowai section at Jason’s.

Now, it’s highly irritating going to a convenience store in the morning waiting for people to order the vile stuff.

Good marketing? Starbucks?

1 Like

not everyone can handle beer in the morning like you :laughing:

my taiwanese breakfast is danbing, ham&egg sandwich, mystery meat burger, hash browns. depending on my mood seperately or all together^^

2 Likes

Breakfast of champions. Bloody Mary would be better.

1 Like

You don’t at least find the smell enticing? Often it smells better than it tastes, I’ll give you that.

I like vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit with soybean milk.

1 Like

I was there most recently in February. Do you mean between Feb & now? If it’s been torn down I think my heart would break… been going there since 2010.

No, no. Back at the beginning of this century, when Icon was a student in NCCU… I loved that place and then one day… it was gone. Anyways, I’ll try to drop by.

That area has changed a lot. Back then there was no Starbucks there, no Jason’s, no 711 for Pete’s sake.