What's your preferred breakfast?

711 sandwiches, eggs, wraps, and sausages. I mix them up. I work really early so don’t judge.

The Diner, coffee, or beer. Bloody Mary occasionally.

I don’t eat breakfast.

It’s for wimps

1 Like

Seriously, and this might need a thread of its own, is there any evidence that breakfast is good for you?

Evidence do point to a heavy breakfast followed by light lunch and even lighter dinner in calories, help fat loss compared to light breakfast, and incrementally heavier lunch and dinner.

I personally just skip it and get calories from 2 meals. I believe fasting is for some time has benefits.

1 Like

egg roll, milk tea

I eat one meal a day, but I am older than you.

If you can get all your nutrients and calories from 1 meal, no problems with that.

I suspect my metabolic rate is too high for me to do that right now. But I feel great skipping breakfast and eating 2 meals a day.

2 Likes

Common sense, I know a guy who lost 20 kilos in 6 months by eating anything at breakfast (cheese and other fat stuff) and only cabbage and fruits the rest of the day.

2 Likes

Why would common sense not work with the reverse?

That’s got to be a drag, waking up with the knowledge that the rest of your day is going to be full of cabbage. I think I’d just go straight back to bed, personally. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Eating a lot at breakfast doesn’t matter much since most people work during the day, move, do stuff, so you can burn the calories. That’s what I was told anyway but thought it made sense.

1 Like

Haha yes :slight_smile: but obviously once in a while he would go to the restaurant with friends, but yeah 5 days a week it was like that, cabbage for lunch and dinner lol

1 Like

I dunno. I haven’t eaten breakfast in decades, other than the occasional full English brunch, and people tell me I’m slim.

1 Like

Yeah really depends on people, a lot of people can skip breakfast, personally can’t.

1 Like

One of the reason it works is people feel less hungry this way. Unless they’re doing heavy labor, people don’t really move that much for that to make a big difference.

Other reasons are it seems to keep blood sugar and insulin levels more stable and more favorable for weight loss. Also a heavy breakfast increases thermogenesis of the body throughout the day.

Movement has very little to do with it unless they’re doing a lot of moving.

2 Likes

In two companies I worked for before, there was a guy who skipped lunch, this seems difficult also in companies as you have to skip the social time with the coworkers.

1 Like

I mean even if you have a job in an office, you still burn calories, you still need the energy for your day of work, to me eating a lot before sleeping doesn’t make sense, you don’t need any energy for your 7-8 hours of sleep.

A carb and an egg. Sometimes yogurt. A piece of fruit two hours later when breakfast is wearing off but it’s not quite lunchtime yet.

Out of the question for me to skip any meals. I become homicidal extremely irritable if I get too hungry.

4 Likes