What's your preferred breakfast?

Consider 20 thousand years ago. How frequently were people eating? Three times a day regularly?

1 Like

Whenever they could :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t have the numbers off the top of my head, but he difference of calories burned is not that big although you are right that being awake does burn more.

I believe another reason to not eat heavy for dinner that relates to fat loss is sleep. Lack of sleep increases appetite, messes with your metabolism, and for some reason makes people want to eat less healthy in studies. Eating heavy meals takes a lot of energy to digest and makes it hard to sleep.

1 Like

I haven’t found a good healthy consistent breakfast yet. i was having (berries or mango) smoothies, but i’m still hungry after so whats the point… Recently i was having bagels. i might stick with that, its tasty at least.

The outside stuff isn’t healthy at all, so i eat it now and then, i do love it though. imo Q burger and Laya hanbao are the best ones.

Oatmeal with raisins, coffee…no lunch…regular dinner.

2 Likes

In Taiwan: black coffee and danbing. Or purple rice fantuan.

In Canada: coffee and banana wrap with peanut butter - folded and roasted in a pan, and cut into quarters.

1 Like

I’ll have a cabbage and coffee to go please .

For a year I held it against my coworker that be wouldn’t eat lunch with me. Turns out he never eats lunch. I still suspect he didn’t like me though . :grin:
Who doesn’t eat lunch for a whole year. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Coffee with some butter or ghee is nice if you need the energy in the morning.

I do love a good hearty English breakfast though. I usually hate breakfast food but I like a large portion of English breakfast.

Worked for Tom Waits.

2 Likes

I rarely eat lunch, mainly cos I have breakfast around 11am. Might have a tea egg from 7-11 in the afternoon. And another coffee, just to annoy jimipresley.

6 Likes

I’m building a house right now - buckets, shovels, and tonnes of material - so it’s pretty much a 7-hour workout every day. IIRC you know from experience what that’s like. The weird part is I’m eating pretty much what I’ve always eaten; breakfast at 11ish and then a massive dinner in the evening. Only thing I’ve noticed is that I crave salt (unsurprisingly) and have got really cut. No apparent need to eat more calories, though.

1 Like

Just coffee with milk in morning.

any food thread deserves some pictures.
this is by far my favorite breakfast sandwich in taiwan. danbings are good too…

2 Likes

Fruit, veggie and Greek yogurt smoothie in early morning and oatmeal with mixed nuts in mid-morning. A co-worker says that’s my “second breakfast”, and that I take after Hobbits. What?

1 Like

I used to get hangry as well, but you get over that after a couple weeks. Hormones shift over time. Most hangry attacks are psychological anyway: how come you INSTANTLY feel better when you have a chocolate bar during a hangry attack, even though no calroies have been absorbed yet?

Just coffee for breakfast, unless I’m at a fancy hotel in a ski resort with free big breakfast, and I know I’m just about to hit 6 hours of heavy exercise. Then I stuff it in.

1 Like

Soya bean milk and fritters,a very common breakfast in China, it’s delicious,welcome to china to taste.If you are curious about China, you are welcome to communicate with me

In English, we call those youtiao. :wink:

5 Likes

It took me a long time to find a breakfast that worked for me. I was always so freaking hungry by 9:30 am for a long time.

I do oatmeal that I cook in a small (Goodwill-acquired) thermos. I mix cinnamon, brown sugar and chia seeds into the serving of oats the night before. Pour hot water in the mixture into my thermos before I leave and it’s all cooked nicely by the time I get to work. Yey thermos science! Sometimes I remember to put a dab of butter in, because apparently oatmeal is terrible for your teeth, but the oil in butter helps cut into that? i don’t really care, oatmeal fills me up. And my coworkers continue to ask me about cinnamon pretty much every day, even though it’s been almost three years since I started working here and having this for breakfast here.

I can no longer stand most breakfast places in TW. The mystery meat and extreme quantities of oil are too much for my stomach in the morning. Laya Burger is acceptable, but apparently it is well-known that their milk tea makes one need to poop. McDonalds breakfasts are nice when in want of a good 'murican breakfast but don’t want to spend the money for a mediocre brunch from some place else.

On the weekends, I do omelettes or American style pancakes and fresh orange juice (from a nearby fruit stand)

Cup of 'ccino