Whatsapp Help

Hiya, does Whatapp not uhm work in Taiwan? Trying to set it up on the new phone. Won’t verify the number. grr

Whatsapp definitely works in Taiwan if it’s already installed on your phone before you arrive. I can’t say for sure if you can do the initial install and setup while in Taiwan, although I’m not aware of any reason why you shouldn’t be able to.

Ah, that’s ironic as I waited to install it until I got here because it was based on the phone number, and I was getting a new phone.

It’s cool. I got the Line app working. It seems to be more the thing here.

Welcome back. Hope you enjoy your time here.

1 Like

Yes it works here, you can install and verify (make sure you use the correct county code),
you can also transfer form an old phone to a new one, just follow the instructions in setting in the app.

3 Likes

it worked for me no problem, with my last 3 Taiwan bought phones.

1 Like

That’s the sticking point. I used Taiwan code, put in my number, noop. Will not verify.

Doesn’t much matter, one or the other, Line or Whatsapp. Makes no difference to moi.

Oh, I’m trying! Thanks!

Is it a new number? maybe someone is still using it?
Send an email to whatsapp help as it defiantly works here.

Yeah new number.

Nobody uses WhatsApp here.

Wait… you once lived in Taiwan before the days of Line? What was it like? What did you guys use? I can’t imagine a Taiwan without Line. It must have been amazing.

1 Like

I lived here in the age of bulletin boards.

4 Likes

Maybe this helps

https://faq.whatsapp.com/498754122134583/?cms_platform=android&cms_id=498754122134583&draft=false

1 Like

Not nobody. All our sports clubs run off WhatsApp. Most foreigner groups use it over Line.

1 Like

We used the Grandma Nitti bulletin board.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

I use WhatsApp a lot when communicating with companies overseas. Our IT department really dislike LINE, they don’t like that they sell user data and allow so many add ons, but mostly they complain “it looks like a kids toy”.

Those are all of my complaints about it.

I got friends who use WhatsApp but it’s definitely not popular. Everyone here used line, before line was a thing it was text messages, or bbs if online. Those were the days before having mobile internet was even popular here.

And those who do trade with china use WeChat.

i beg to differ! I have at least one potential date on it!

but yeah otherwise nobody.

i assume only because most foreigners have it already … whatsapp is kinda just sux. At least they added editing messages so I can gaslight my friends!