When will be the next 10,000NTD stimulus?

Would have to depend on the situation

Though my $24000 was unprovoked and no strings attached.

Still refused it.

As I age, I am increasingly unwilling to disturb my peace.

I’ve refused a payoff more than that to settle a little legal something in lieu of a business making changes to actually be fucking not breaking the law (and taking no money at all) and I’ve taken a paycut much more than that to do something worthwhile.

To be fair, Australian politicians are usually pretty clear about what they’re offering compared to many other countries.

Things like tax cuts, debt relief, pension changes, housing policies, they’re openly debated and costed during elections.

That’s clearly different, because in your case, there was a benefit worth more than the payout and depending what it was you probably ended up with more cash than what was initially offered by pursuing them or by having more equal competition etc…

And I quit my second job so I could spend more time with my kids. :man_shrugging:

No, I ended up with no cash. I refused all cash from them to make it clear it wasn’t a shakedown, I just wanted them to do what was right. It was a retailer, not anything related to what I do for work. I just wanted them to do the right thing for everyone, that they should have been doing all along.

Is there such a thing in Taiwan as a “state home”, did not know they had this?

Anyways like Taiwanese, investing to avoid going to that (state) home back home, nor do not to want to burden the kids, as Taiwanese seem to do.

I want save for a comfortable location, maybe Malta.

In Taiwan, the old are stressing the state medical system it seems

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/news/6311926

Well, need more than that, how about like a month’s salary like 80,000

Hopefully they’ll increase it to 100,000 lol

Maybe even use it to rebuild , repair and improve sidewalks though. Make Taiwan a more pedestrian friendly country.

That is good, it’s like a month’s salary for most Taiwanese

Is the final day of availability for the current “stimulus” still 31 April or have they extended the deadline?

a very good salary tbh out of the tech bubble.

Well they won’t do that , and I’d rather they do something like sort out the potholes in the roads etc. Something that has an impact on everyday life.

Corrected: Didn’t realize there are two threads on this current 10000 stimulus.

This is a thread on a current stimulus.

This thread is asking about the third one

Oh am I mixing up two different ones? My bad.

After the new/second stimulus, when will be the next/third?

Soon hopefully. I’ve already mentally spent the 10,000 NTD on a Bunnings order, just waiting for Taiwan to catch up.

According to chatGPT:

As of March 2026, there is no official announcement of a new universal cash stimulus following the current NT$10,000 program. The government’s recent focus has shifted toward targeted relief and sector-specific support rather than another round of general cash handouts.

Current Government Economic Initiatives

  • The “National Project of Hope”: The Executive Yuan is implementing a 2025–2028 development blueprint focused on inclusive growth, medical investment, and green energy.
  • Small Business Support: In February 2026, a new NT$4.25 billion aid package was launched to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) adopt AI and sustainable technologies.
  • Targeted Relief: Recent special budgets have prioritized industries affected by U.S. tariffs and investment in defense infrastructure.
  • Public Welfare Subsidies: In March 2026, the Cabinet mobilized NT$71.8 billion specifically for 38 urgent projects, including:

Seems I was too low. Per AI

The average salary for expatriates in Taiwan can vary widely, but it is generally around TWD 1,550,000, which is approximately USD 50,500 per year. This figure can differ based on the industry, position, and experience level of the expatriate.

Yes, that sounds about right. Some industries ofc pay more than others and it all depends on individual cases too.