When will quarantine in Taiwan end? (Currently 0+7)

I didn’t participate in that poll, but I wish to draw attention here:

I wrote that on August 17, more than a month ago. Any forumosan who was paying attention to what the CECC was saying knew this timeline was the approximate target. The October 13 shift to 0+7 still remains an approximate target, as they are also waiting to see what happens after the rules change on September 29.

Guy

1 Like

And you see, you’re still alive! Quarantining works!

3 Likes

The regulation about that are really “vague” so to say - see 😷 COVID - Travel in Taiwan During Covid-19 - #109 by qwert_zuiop

2 Likes

This is not an official government post though. If you try to find clear up to date rules on the CECC website, it’s kind of impossible. Asking on the phone will result in different answers depending on who answers…

3 Likes

No. But these are the official rules verbatim. I just like the easy-to-read graphics.

Then where are the latest official rules?

I wouldn’t really rely on some picture created by some random blogger / company which doesn’t even specify the date it was created. They also keep changing rules…

I have been trying to find them with no luck during my self-health management. Even the link in the text message the CDC sent just lead to their home page…

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/cBrA4UU7mCeKXJmxobwQmQ

3 Likes

Helpful link—except, as we know, the number of days has of course been amended to four (for the +4) for a while now.

Guy

2 Likes

For travellers.

For people exposed to the virus. It’s still 7.

1 Like

So are Mongolian clusterfcuks OK during the 0+7 or should we wait?

For all questions related to Mongolia(n) affairs, please consult the ROC Bureau of Managing Minorities in the Great Land of China Including but Not Limited to Tibetans and Mongolians. :grin:

Guy

That one just says:

If you do not exhibit any symptoms, you may go about your life normally. If you must go outside, please wear a medical mask correctly at all times and avoid entering areas where you cannot maintain social distancing (1.5 meters indoors and 1 meter outdoors) or areas where you are likely to come
into close contact with random people

You are prohibited from engaging in close or cluster activities with other individuals such as having meals together, gatherings, public gatherings, or other similar activities.

So as long as one keeps distance from others and doesn’t eat with other people at the same table, I wouldn’t understand this as banning eating in a restaurant completely.

2 Likes

Same here. What really annoyed me is that the fee was (at the time i departed) paid by the gov’t, and then suddenly it wasn’t. Then the enforced imprisonment was quietly dropped a couple of months later in favour of home confinement. I just hit that MaxQ of bullshit.

1 Like

Looks like the 7 days of “Independent Epidemic Protection” will still retain the 3+4 restrictions as to where you can stay - ie - need to have 1 person per room and independent bathroom. Else its 7 nights in the Hotel still, though presumably can come and go.

1 Like

What?

1 Like
Taiwan eyes mid-October end to COVID quarantine on road to re-opening

TAIPEI, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Taiwan aims to end its mandatory COVID-19 quarantine for arrivals from around Oct. 13 and will ease other restrictions from next week as it continues to re-open to the outside world, the government said on Thursday.

Taiwan has kept some of its entry and quarantine rules in place as large parts of the rest of Asia have relaxed or lifted them completely, though in June it cut the number of days required in isolation for arrivals to three from seven previously.

Taiwan has reported six million domestic cases since the beginning of the year, driven by the more infectious Omicron variant. With more than 99% of those showing no or only mild symptoms, the government has relaxed rather than tightened restrictions in its “new Taiwan model”.

Cabinet spokesman Lo Ping-cheng told reporters that from next Thursday visa-free entry will be resumed for citizens of all countries that previously had that status. The government will also increase weekly arrival limits for international travellers by 10,000 to 60,000, he said, with no more PCR tests for arrivals.

If “everything is under control”, the government is aiming to end mandatory quarantine for all arrivals from around Oct. 13, with arrivals rising to 150,000 a week, Lo said.

“This is the last mile in our fight against the pandemic,” he said, speaking after a weekly Cabinet meeting, adding the government is making all preparations needed to reopen its door to international tourists and to revive domestic businesses hit by previous COVID-related curbs.

Those who test positive, however, still need to quarantine at home or in designated hotels, the government said.

While Taiwan’s vaccination rate is high, the daily number of cases has been rising again, with more than 46,000 reported on Wednesday.

Throughout the pandemic Taiwanese citizens and foreign residents have not been prohibited from leaving and then re-entering, but have had to quarantine at home or in hotels for up to two weeks.

Before the pandemic, Taiwan was a popular tourist destination for mainly Asian visitors, with Japan, South Korea and Southeast Asia the most important markets.

Nonpaywalled version of that Reuters report available here:

Guy

Was not pay-walled for me. :face_with_peeking_eye: I added the full article in my post.

They should let people out if the spit test turns out negative. Otherwise what’s the point of taking the test in the first place?

1 Like