When will quarantine in Taiwan end? (Currently 0+7)

0+7 in any Hotel/Apartment possible?

What part of 0 are you not understanding there?

2 Likes

0 means no quarantine, only 7 days of self health management.

I was wondering the same. If it was really 0, then it would be dropped completely. I know there will be some stupid rule attached.

It’s just a health monitoring period. Which is nonsensical. We all monitor our healths in some way or another….

Maybe they’ll ask for a rapid test in day seven.

2 Likes

I call it 95% normal.

Looks like 4 people were right. Most of you were wrong.

1 Like

I guess I’ve been here too long to take this at face value. I’m very happy that I can go home for Christmas and return normally. This is huge for me as my parents aren’t getting any younger and I’m running my own business. I’ve spent so much time and money on Covid rules like others have. However, I’ve got clients that want to visit their suppliers in Kaohsiung, Tainan, Taichung and New Taipei. I’m wondering if they’ll make them stay at a horrible Q hotel and return to the same one for 7 days.

I don’t think it’s required to stay at a Qhotel.

Given the fact that you can transfer out when quarantine ends during today’s 3+4

2 Likes

I’m also not sure, looking to book a room now, but are there currently restrictions on what kind of accommodation you can have? As long as you can prove you’re alone in your hotel room / apartment, then it’s fine?

It’s a requirement only if you are a student, south east asian slave worker or a fisherman.

I’m hearing rumors that non-residents will still have 3+4.

Sigh, I currently have a flight landing on October 6, but I’ll likely keep it and just do the quarantine. It’ll be my 5th time quarantining in Taiwan: 14+14+14+10+3 = 55 days of quarantining the last two years!

I also have tickets to the Eric Chou concert on October 22, so if I arrive on October 15 instead, the concert is on Day 7 of self-health management lol. Hoping they move up the date; if they do, I might consider changing my flights!

4 Likes

4 Likes

I can’t even imagine a 14 day quarantine. I’d come out of the hotel looking like Old Boy.

Thank God those days are behind us… (until we get COVID-23 next year).

6 Likes

I did 14 days (technically 15) last November. It actually wasn’t as bad as I’d imagined, but I don’t ever want to do it again. I’m still pissed about the hotel cost since I had my own place that would have been perfectly fine :rage:

7 Likes

I did 14 days in 2020 at a hotel, 7 days at the beginning of the summer, and 3+4 last month. Looking forward to 0.

2 Likes

Happy to hear this is coming to an end but what would change if it was done today with the exception of the quota for passengers to there is time to get more people at the airport for normal routines?

There’s another article that states October 13th at the earliest, so I guess 0+7 will start sometime October 13-15.

Is this true that you’re not allowed to eat in restaurants for 7 days?