When will quarantine in Taiwan end? (Currently 0+7)

Yeah, guess not, just kinda supposed to stay in your room as much as possible, the same as when you get Covid, we’re allowed to quarantine at home, just stay in your private space.
Anyways yeah, I’m gonna miss the freedoms of Canada, think I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had to mask up in my three month stay here.

Doesn’t seem like the track the cell phones anymore. I noticed my phone was off most of the day. No missed calls, no messages or visits. Last winter my friend was visited by the police like 4 times, somehow his phone tracking didn’t work so they came again and again.

Victor is a great English name for him.

Looks like Taoyuan has got the same weird policy. It is without any logic, one of those Taiwanese absurds.

By the way, has anyone found any info on the net saying that I can’t go to work if it is a school during self-health management ?
I spent hours looking but couldn’t find anything.

What’s the current quarantine on arrival rule situation? Someone told me there is nothing now, is that correct?

It is not correct. The 3+4 requirements remain in place, regardless of vaccination status, citizenship, or other variables. Anticipated change to 0+7 is said to be on October 13—but this change depends on the overall situation not deteriorating or changing rapidly.

Guy

2 Likes

Announced, or rumored?

Announced, but with conditions: that the situation doesn’t deteriorate or change rapidly. If it does, the date on which this change happens could be adjusted. So would-be arrivals beware!

Guy

2 Likes

This link (which is in the Quarantine Thread) - as announced by the CDC on 22 September.

1 Like

If it doesn’t happen there will be a shit storm🦜 and I’ll stay in Thailand in protest until it happens.

Welcome news, it’s about time.

I’ve booked to go back home in CNY … at last. Tickets are so much more costly now.

And you are among the lucky ones (if you are flying to the UK)—with a plethora of options, including Singapore Airlines and the Middle Eastern airlines, among the usual suspects. You should try flying the other way to North America!

Guy

How bad is it? Airlines stopped running?

I’ve gone with China Airlines, direct. I usually do Emirates with a stopover in Dubai but I couldn’t see any Emirates flights from Taiwan now. Not looking forward to 14 hours nonstop–Dubai gave me a chance to stretch my legs, visit the buffet restaurants or, even, if the stop over was long enough, get out the airport and visit the souks.

Not that bad, but with far less competition than the routes to Europe and the UK, especially with HK locked up and essentially out of service.

Emirates has been one of the true reliable connections out of TPE throughout the pandemic*; Turkish Airlines has been the other. It’s surprising to me to hear that they are not flying or are otherwise unavailable.

*EDIT: Or perhaps not, as @miamidice observes below. :neutral_face:

Guy

Maybe they just aren’t up on skyscanner. I use skyscanner because it lets you search by whole month or even cheapest date, so makes it much more flexible than other flight websites,

Have you tried Google Flights? You might get more options listed there.

Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

I didn’t know google flights was a thing.

My tickets are booked now, but I’ll have a look see if they have anything good post October. I fancy a trip to Japan before.

1 Like

Not for me. Had my flights with Emirates cancelled or moved 5 times since 2020.

1 Like

Will edit above!

Guy

1 Like

Haha no need but thanks!

1 Like