Where are all the fine men at?

Sure uncool guys deserve love too. They can find it with un-cool, un-fine, ugly, attached gals. Just kidding…well kind of. :wink:

Hey Miaka, there’s nothing wrong with me either. Maybe you, me and ImaniOU should go out and find some of these hard to find fine men.

Seriously, I think my problem is I just don’t get out enough. So, I’m stuck with the limited number of guys that I work with. It doesn’t help that for the past few months I’ve been splitting my time between Taipei and Beijing. I work way too much!

But I’m thinking about switching careers, so I’ll be completely settled in Taipei again and have more time to devote to getting a social life.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll let ya know if I have any luck.

What we need is a support group. We can meet at Charlie Brown’s.

What we need is a support group. We can meet at Charlie Brown’s.[/quote]

I don’t think you guys need any help.
I see ugly, uncool guys with seemingly beautiful women all the time.

Anyway, I don’t care if a guy is not so attractive looking in the face. That’s just biology and can’t be changed. But a guy CAN control his outer appearance in terms of style (clothes, hairstyle, weight, etc.)

And one thing that puzzles me is why do so many guys insist on wearing glasses, when contacts are so inexpensive and convenient these days? Lots of men would look tons better if they just ditched the glasses.

Well, maybe if I can’t find an already cool guy, I’ll just get an uncool one and “fix him up”. Never tried that before. Could be fun.

[quote]But a guy CAN control his outer appearance in terms of style (clothes, hairstyle, weight, etc.)
[/quote]

But if he’s already got a gorgeous woman, why would he want to? :wink:

I can’t. Taiwan - pollution - allergic reaction to contacts.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”][quote]But a guy CAN control his outer appearance in terms of style (clothes, hairstyle, weight, etc.)
[/quote]

But if he’s already got a gorgeous woman, why would he want to? :wink:
[/quote]

So true Bu Lai En! It seems many guys are just lazy with their appearance because they can get away with it.

But not us girls. Men don’t let us get away with looking anything but fab. That’s why we’re forced to spend all that time, money, and energy to look great.

But being a woman who believes in equality, I’m of the opinion that if I have to look great, then my man should too!

…anyway aren’t men supposedly becoming “meterosexual” these days?

What the heck is “meteorsexual”?

Is that a guy who burns hot and fades fast?

Oh… meterosexual.

Sorry. I’m dyslexic.

[quote=“Erhu”]
…anyway aren’t men supposedly becoming “meterosexual” these days?[/quote]

What, you mean “gay”?

[quote=“tigerman”]What the heck is “meteorsexual”?

Is that a guy who burns hot and fades fast?

Oh… meterosexual.

Sorry. I’m dyslexic.[/quote]

Sorry. I meant to say “Metrosexual: An urban male who pays a great deal of attention to appearance.”

There was some discussion about this in another thread. But I just wrote that to be funny. :unamused:

What’s wrong with glasses? A lot of men look much wiser and more distinguished with a pair of specs on, and plenty of women and girls looks really sexy and alluring when they are wearing glasses – especially when that’s all they’re wearing.

YEEHAAA! I’m a metrosexual! I clipped some of my nose-hairs this morning (well, one nostril was all I had time for) and decided that my toenails could do with a date with my Black & Decker grinder.
I’m a metrosexual! I’m a metrosexual! :moo:

YEEHAAA! I’m a metrosexual! I clipped some of my nose-hairs this morning (well, one nostril was all I had time for) and decided that my toenails could do with a date with my Black & Decker grinder.
I’m a metrosexual! I’m a metrosexual! :moo:[/quote]

Sandman your avatar screams metrosexual! :moo:

[quote=“sandman”]

Can I virtually cancel that sailing trip?

[quote=“Toe Save”][quote=“sandman”]

can I virtually cancel that sailing trip?[/quote]

What? What? But I’ve already picked out virtual curtain material for the cabins.

Medical reasons: I have very dry eyes and cannot produce enough tears to make wearing contacts comfortable. Same reason why I can’t have LASIK; the scars would not be able to heal properly.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Toe Save”][quote=“sandman”]

can I virtually cancel that sailing trip?[/quote]

What? What? But I’ve already picked out virtual curtain material for the cabins.[/quote]

You see…this is what I am always talking about…you do things without consulting me first…can’t you see that the material you picked out clashes with my nail polish. In the future, when you are trying to make a metrosexual decision, first, last and always ask yourself this: What would Beckham do?

He’d bend it, of course.

He’d bend it, of course.[/quote]

Curtains? I usually fold mine if they need any kind of “bending”. If getting your hair done by a stylist rather than barber (a real one, not a prostitution front), then all the gangsters here with perms are metrosexual. Maybe a visual of that will make people think twice about the term. :expressionless:

Okay, okay, back to the topic…

It’s rather difficult for me to meet men since I spend 50 hours a week at work and the only guy I work with is 70+, married, and speaks very little English. I still am amazed that he can handle spending all day around only women and young children (who affectionately call him, ‘ye ye’). Anywho, it kinda puts a damper on my dating schedule. Why can’t these mythical single, nice guys just come pounding down my door?

Tell me where you live, and I’ll be round next Thursday evening. Mind if I bring the cat? Just for a week.

It’s a safety thing. If you’d ever walked into a filing cabinet with a large pointy corner right at eye level, you’d understand.

First thing you do, take his appendix out. It’s a common point of failure, and you don’t want your newly cool guy to go all putrid and runny after you’ve spent time on fixing him up. Bloody stupid design flaw, in my opinion.

I don’t wear contact lenses or glasses (and people have asked me why). Anything at eye level in Taiwan is probably hanging from the ceiling. I’ve never had any organs removed and everything was in perfect working order last time I checked.

Is this my problem ?