Where are all the hot girls at?!

“The girls are very beautiful in Taiwan. But there are too many hombres here. I need to find a woman. Can you tell me where the red light district is?”

Hehehe.

When you go there, dress as a monk and tell the ladies you fancy that god says they have to sleep with you or he will be angry. No, don’t really. It’s been done before and some of the ladies are catching on.

[quote=“catfish13”]So let me get this right…in this thread below you said the following:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 17&t=76829

That post was dated Feb 19, 2009. It’s now June 11, 2009, a little less than 4 months later and you just turned 18?

Listen, I’m sure most of the people here would be glad to help if you were to drop the whole pretentious visage and be truthful about your situation. Most of the people posting here are (presumably) older than you and have gone more miles in life than you have.

As some have mentioned previously, the clubbing scene really doesn’t seem to be the right fit for you. If you feel like just trolling around town for women, then by golly you wouldn’t even need to know where the hotspots are.

Here’s my advice: come to Taiwan this summer and do your internship. Meet some people at work and make friends, hopefully it’ll make you less homesick and more hopeful when the summer ends and it’s crunch time back to the States for college apps.[/quote]

I was 16 then, now i’m 17 in the US. But in Taiwan i’m 18 b/c the age is diffrent there…duh

Liar, liar, liar your pants are on fire!

You got caught out, huh?

Now THAT is … duh.

Silly boy! :roflmao:

Dude, don’t take the joking around on this forum personally. Everyone’s just having fun. But if you want my advice, forget about the clubs and the bmw and the hotties. That’s all just superficial crap. Instead, get a bicycle and start riding.

Seriously. I guarantee taking up serious cycling will give you far greater lasting pleasure than wasting your money on a bunch of phoney crap and getting drunk with a bunch of phoney people who don’t give a shit about you except as a means to getting what they want. You may be surprised to learn that Taiwan has fantastic cycling opportunities on beautiful mountain roads where there are more bikes than cars. Moreover, if image and impressing others are important to you, you’ll be pleased to know that cycling has also become extremely hip in Taiwan, with lots of girls swooning over the tough guys on their expensive italian bikes. AND, lots of Taiwanese girls are into cycling too. You’d be amazed how tough (and beautiful) many of them are.

I know, I know, I’m an old fart (though I could still kick your ass on a bike in the hills any day). I know, when you’re 16-17-18 or whatever, girls, cars and clubs sound like the key to happiness. But they’re not. They’re a waste of time and money and only bring limited satisfaction – more often bringing trouble. But good old-fashioned excercise, fresh air and getting out into nature: it just doesn’t get better than that. :slight_smile:

You got caught out, huh?

Now THAT is … duh.

Silly boy! :roflmao:[/quote]

How am i lying? I was born on april 9,92. Which means i’m 17 in the states, but 18 in Taiwan, which is the legal drinking age… :bravo:

You got caught out, huh?

Now THAT is … duh.

How am i lying? I was born on april 9,92. Which means I’m 17 in the states, but 18 in Taiwan, which is the legal drinking age… :bravo:[/quote]

18 refers to the "mun (full) " 18, meaning that you have to be really 18. Not the extra year added at birth 18. Far as I know.

bytheway, a lot of the 20 something girls have a thing for young ones like yourself. They think of you as a nice toy for a while. Enjoy the ride !!

You got caught out, huh?

Now THAT is … duh.

How am i lying? I was born on april 9,92. Which means i’m 17 in the states, but 18 in Taiwan, which is the legal drinking age… :bravo:[/quote]
Let me be the first to say happy birthday!

You got caught out, huh?

Now THAT is … duh.

How am i lying? I was born on april 9,92. Which means I’m 17 in the states, but 18 in Taiwan, which is the legal drinking age… :bravo:[/quote]

1992 = “Ming Guo” Year 81. This year is M.G. 98. You are still 17 under the eyes of the law.

You got caught out, huh?

Now THAT is … duh.

This is kind of standard fare with this forum. People with all the time in the world to type the stuff you’re reading here in response to a simple question.

You would have gotten a better response if you posed your question like an old cantankerous fart who enjoys a lightly marmited slice of toast for brekkie. Just learn to talk like that and in circles and give yourself a big ol pat on the back and you’ll fit right in here.

Sorry I can’t help you with the clubbing question…I’m in my 30’s and never go out now. Just wanted to offer you a response without life-advice/judgement/interrogation. :discodance:

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]Speaking of Carnegies, this story was in the business section today. It was pretty funny.
Russians gone wild: Computex, the after-party

‘wiener fest’[/quote]

Haha. Russians gone wild. The whole thing is that no one has actually ever seen a Russian go wild because by then, every non-Russian was under the table passed out. It’s that old philosophical conundrum: if Russians were drunk on vodka and making arses of themselves, but everyone else was throwing up in the toilet or unconscious and didn’t witness it, did it really happen?

Also, with such a large and fine selection of whores in Russia, do they need to? They probably go somewhere else to be a little respectable and healthy for once. When you’re from Russia, the rest of the world is mild by comparison.

Several years ago, I went to the Hungry Duck, a club in Moscow that had the reputation of Carnegie’s but on steroids. Of course, I did happen to go on a Monday night, and it was 90% middle-aged American expats and 10% Russian whores having their nipples licked. I was a little disappointed.

mups wrote:

So, why the feck are you replying then? :loco:

Did I read “cantankerous fart” somewhere? :ponder:

[quote=“mups”]
This is kind of standard fare with this forum. People with all the time in the world to type the stuff you’re reading here in response to a simple question.

You would have gotten a better response if you posed your question like an old cantankerous fart who enjoys a lightly marmited slice of toast for brekkie. Just learn to talk like that and in circles and give yourself a big ol pat on the back and you’ll fit right in here.

Sorry I can’t help you with the clubbing question…I’m in my 30’s and never go out now. Just wanted to offer you a response without life-advice/judgement/interrogation. :discodance:[/quote]
Where’s that pouty smiley. :laughing:
Anyway, the OPs question was additionally stupid because of course there’s no answer, as one boy’s “hot girl” is another man’s vapid skanked-out boiler.

[quote=“Anubis”]mups wrote:

So, why the feck are you replying then? :loco:

Did I read “cantankerous fart” somewhere? :ponder:[/quote]

Since it’s not obvious enough for you, I was reassuring him that his question wasn’t stupid. Maybe he didn’t need my reassurance, but I like to be friendly just in case.

Sandman, I think he was just asking, like, you know, popular places to go clubbing right now. Hot girls = popular night spots. But then again he actually says this in his post.

Where are all the hot spots in Taipei?
Any advice on places to go?

So an 18 year old wants to go out and find a place to have fun and meet hot chicks and enjoy himself (like many other male humans his age)…that’s some scandalous stuff right there.

Anyway, carry on.

Of course, one boy’s “hot spots” are very probably another man’s “over-priced meat market for vapid mouthbreathers with low expectations and even lower standards,” so the question is equally dumb.
What’s a “hot spot?” The places mentioned so far pretty much all fall into the latter category, for example.

[quote=“sandman”]Of course, one boy’s “hot spots” are very probably another man’s “over-priced meat market for vapid mouthbreathers with low expectations and even lower standards,” so the question is equally dumb.
What’s a “hot spot?” The places mentioned so far pretty much all fall into the latter category, for example.[/quote]

You’re making the point that taste is subjective. Have you ever asked anyone to recommend a restaurant or a CD?

He said he’s 18 and likes clubbing for a reason. He wants feedback from people from a similar demographic. Simple.

Man, this is already way too much of my time spent in here. Enjoy the…fun.

Andrew0409

Can you type Chinese? If so, do some searches online and you will find some Chinese-language forums and sites where people your age are discussing the current places to go, latest music, etc. Try key words like nightlife, dancing, clubs, and so on. Even if you don’t want to participate in discussion, you might learn about some new places. (Actually, even if you type Taipei nightclub or other combinations in English, you can get some local sites.) Or, check out http://www.tealit.comand the bars/clubs section of forumosa.

That’s all I can offer, I haven’t actually been in a club for several years and like other posters, my favorites are all gone.

And yet he posts on a site for middle-aged foreign expats obsessed with finding sour cream. Go figure.

I don’t know about all of them, but there’s a whole bunch here in my town and on the train. Thought I’d let you know.

You know, I give and I give, it never seems to stop.
As before, and always,
MRT City Hall Station, Exit #2 City Hall, between 6 and 8 pm.
Ass.
Freaking.
Soup.