Where can I buy a decent, new bike for under 10k?

Don’t worry about it. As a former English teacher, I sometimes like to take apart the way people express themselves in English. Your sentence is perfectly understandable.

Oh really? I didn’t see any in the Wanhua store. Guess I should take a look at their website. Thanks

Yeah I like Youbikes, use them most days. Only problem is there’s no station near my apartment or my school

That’s my problem too, they are far enough that I might as well take the bus or MRT.

1. Thanks for the tip, I’ll check them out, as well as the Giant Escape 3!

I wonder how they decide where to build new stations. Can we launch petitions?

I don’t know either but the area around Zhongxiao fuxing has basically no stations, I wonder why. It took me an hour to find a station to return a bike.

Thanks for all the tips, everyone. I’ll check the sites you mentioned and then go in person to see how the bikes feel.

I asked the security guard in my building about parking for bikes and he shook his head, sucked in his breath and told me there were loads of thieves around here and that I’d need to keep it in my apartment, so I might need a folding bike after all. Although he may have just been trying to reinforce the importance of his role as a security guard!

depends on what your bike looks like.

If it looks old and rusty no one will even want it.

If it looks new, it will get stolen.

Only three?

2 Likes

Isn’t that station called Zhongxiao Fuxing in the Zhongxiao Fuxing area?

You could say four if you included the large youbike station on the west side of Fuxing just north of Civic Boulevard.

Guy

1 Like

There’s a large open space right in front of the SOGO and around various exits of that MRT station, but there are NO youbike stations, when that is the perfect place to have one. If there was one it was hard to get to, especially if you are unfamiliar with the area.

That open space probably belongs to SOGO, so it they don’t want to rent that space to YouBike, SOGO is a no go.

1 Like

Yeah, I considered cropping to include that, but every time I walk from Fuxing Sogo to Civil Boulevard (and beyond), I’m mildly surprised by how far the walk is. (Not that far, of course, but farther than I expect.)

1 Like

They have bikes at the
DECATHLON 迪卡儂 新北三重店.

Ive got a Giant Escape 3 2020 size M for sale in great condition for 5k if youre still looking.

1 Like

Id trust a decathalon bike over one of the cheaper 3-4k giant bikes. Ive seen and worked quite a few that just turn into scrap metal after a few weeks of being left out. But those decathalon bikes are not too bad really.

1 Like