Where can I make friends? aka the find-a-friend thread

People on here always complain about how Taipei people behave differently but I think it’s normal and expected for city mice to be a bit more wary of others and less warm overall.

Just the other day some weirdo started walking next to me and talking at me completely unprompted. I had my headphones in and I wasn’t about to take them out for a complete stranger so I just gave him a bewildered/irritated look and kept walking until finally he quit and went away.

I know sometimes people selling something or hawking Christianity to passers by will chase you for a bit like that, but he had nothing in his hands or on his person to indicate that this was the case. And if that’s the way he tries to make friends, I don’t want any part of it. Cold? Yeah. But who the hell knows what kind of freaks are out there.

3 Likes

I agree. Pffft…they can’t even speak Taiwanese :joy: No sunshine, more expensive. Poor dears.
Just send a few eating establishments and Bars down here and I will be happy.

2 Likes

phai gong oh

1 Like

:joy:

maybe he was politely trying to give a hint to you that your shoes had toilet paper stuck to it or …

1 Like

This was actually the first thing that occurred to me after he finally went away, and I checked my shoes, my pants, anything that might have been awry. Nada.

people outside of Taipei may be more friendly, but if you join any kinds of local hobby groups, I think most of them have some friendly enough people to you.

Maybe he was mesmerized by your small feet . Or your big Guns? Maybe you had dropped 1000 ntd. Maybe he thought you were so beautiful that he had to,at least try .ICE cold Hanna :yum:

I did have my Big GUNS out that day. Damn, maybe I missed an opportunity to become a fitness model…:muscle:

was this you the nice man imagined he saw?

Only in my dreams!

Jeez, if I had of known you were going to be like that I wouldn’t have friggin bothered…

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out where are the local bodybuilders. And I don’t know how friendly gym members are in my club. Perhaps I will make a move when they see me regularly :man_shrugging:

How about language exchange?

They seem to do this event 2 or three times a month, and their next event is free for foreigners.

1 Like

Language exchange is happening every day of the week sometimes two or three a night.

1 Like

In their event, you might meet other foreigners who speak English and want to make friends, and many of locals may be people who want to make English conversation with you.

1 Like

Free event is 1 month 1 time
Held at TMC.

Joined a fb group, looks like some folks interested to meet me. I guess thats a good sign. lol

2 Likes

can we connect?

FYI, the post/poster you replied to was from 7 years ago.

Edit: Just realized this is probably a spam account.