Where can I make friends? aka the find-a-friend thread

I don’t like to doing spam,

As long as you are not here just trying to pump your “E-commerce” business. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt…for now.

Welcome to Forumosa.

Hi all, I just moved to Taoyuan. Slowly learning and catching up with the lifestyle here. I’m from Malaysia. Looking for friends to hangout with and jive a lil faster with lifestyle here. My mandarin is poor, close to none actually :yum:

I want to meet people. Where are some good places to meet people in Taipei?
Id like to meet guys too :wink:

Are you a guy or a girl or other preference? :wink:

I’m a woman

Most places I go there are lots of guys like me and fewer women.

Lots of places at night to meet mostly foreigners people like triangle and revolver and Bobwunday and Brass Monkey and GB and Local and craft beer bars and many others.

Nighttime has all the dance clubs.

Seems like everyone Taiwan has hard time meeting and making friends. The odd thing about big cities that people seem to be more lonely

Would you be a piano teacher, per chance?

That’s the second time today someone has asked me that. No I’m not a piano teacher: I just play piano

Anybody I ever met who was claiming to have a hard time meeting people turned out not to be making a single effort to go out and actually meet people. It’s not about big cities, it’s about people not making a move.

1 Like

kinda like the App generation.
most lifestyle things are too easily downloaded and used as an App.
unfortunately, aside from Tinder, etc., real-life true friendships take 2 to tango, and nearly always face-to-face.
so, don’t sit back and wait, get out and join group activities YOU enjoy (sports, arts, church, etc.)

1 Like

What Rent-a-Friend is gone?

I’m a black American woman in Taipei looking for friends. My WeChat is Me3eunitedstates. I can’t use line for some reason

Well, where can I go to find people in Taipei?

How long are you here for?
Are you studying Chinese or working here?

There are meetups you can try.
Are you interested in meeting locals or other foreigners?

Other locals. I downloaded meetup.com and I’m not finding anything

Not finding anything or not finding anything you’re interested in?

If you are religious, you can visit a church tomorrow.

I’m atheist

what kind of locals? People in your age or share some interest with you, or who may be interested in you?