Where do you find babysitting jobs?

Where would I find a babysitting job? *Cough on the down low. None of my friends have children and I don’t go to church or or anything of that sort.

Also, sorry if this is the wrong area to post!

Do you have an open work permit or open work rights?

I think often people use the migrant workers to babysit or send their kids to a buxiban. I reckon you might be underpaid for your services unless you’re providing a ‘tangible benefit’ like teaching/tutoring English.

Please make sure all forms of work are legal.

You can’t baby sit till we get out of level three really. Who’d be hiring a baby sitter?

1 Like

Fyi

1 Like

I still don’t know how to quote people.

But aren’t people technically allowed to tutor up to 4 people legally without needed a work permit?

And the poster that sent the link isn’t that more for a nanny then just Saturday/Sunday gig?

I think babysitting isn’t really a thing here (especially as in the US where people often babysit in their teens to give parents a night out). Probably your best bet is to find a way to let people know you offer the service and see where it goes. There’s been past discussion of the legality of it. It is funny to me, because I think in Taiwan it’s technically illegal to leave kids alone under age 12. My wife babysat at age 11. If you mention age/location/interests, it’s possible folk would PM you. Taiwan doesn’t seem to have embraced the pod-learning ideal, but as my kids are now home all the time I certainly can see how others would be interested in a good babysitter.

1 Like

Nope, if you are getting paid you legally need a work permit for the job.

1 Like

Schools.

1 Like

Can you give a brief bio of yourself?

I’m potentially looking for a babysitter for my little ones.

This is often informal.

Ask your friends.

But bushiban is essentially babysitting if you think about it.

Do you mean you are looking for tutoring jobs?

Well, I’m 26, female, and live in Toayuan. I worked in a daycare in the US for almost a year. If you or anyone else has anymore questions definitely ask away. :slight_smile:

I meant technically I don’t know Chinese and would only be speaking English. If tutor is legal and babysitting isn’t I’ll “tutor” children lol.

If what you do is taking care of babies or toddlers instead of parents, it may be babysitting. If you teach kids some academic contents, it may be tutoring. For both, you need a work right or open work permit to do it legally.

2 Likes

Probably by 26 years old you may want to have a bit more … not sure how to say…before people are willing to trust you with their most precious things’ life.

Not trying to be an asshole, but childcare is incredibly important to parents, and to not have basic common knowledge is a red flag to most parents. Might be better to teach at a school where you are also supervised and liabilities are not such a concern.

Foreigner groups on Facebook. Join a few until you see which ones have the families and those occasionally post looking for babysitters. Or search each group. Offer to provide your preferred locations, availability, experience, references, etc.

Start going to church, even if you don’t believe in the god they worship, ideally one with a foreign community. Make friends with everyone there. Make sure they know you’re available for looking after their young’ uns, but don’t announce that the first time you go (and be respectful of their worship, which should go without saying)

Or just market yourself as a tutor. I know of plenty of rich kids who have “English jiejie” (or gege) come over every day and just hang out with them in English. The kids love it and their English doesn’t improve one bit. Parents, the housekeeper, the dog walker, and the driver are all probably home when that happens, but that’s better for you if something happens (especially if you don’t speak Chinese — how will you call an ambulance if something does go very wrong?)

1 Like

Of only we could all get paid to watch Peppa Pig.

2 Likes

This doesnt seem slightly off to anyone? Infiltrating a group to get the job. I guess if one were into that belief, then ok. But i would feel off if an athiest or a different religion did that just to watch their kids for money. Something seems off in this scenario, which would annoy me.if taking.care of others children, even though i think church isnt a sane thing to do.

I get it is just work. But even i have issues tricking religious people when it comes to deceiving them in regards to raising their kids. Seems almost off limits, but i cant think of the right words to describe what i am thinking…if that makes sense.

I’m not implying that you should pretend. But if you’re part of the church (etc.) community, I don’t see why it would be a problem. I know a lot of foreigners who hang out at church despite not following that religion. Heck, my mormon friends in high school loved it when I joined their activities, even though I was definitely not mormon. Unless you’re getting into the ultra-religious (of which there are many here), wherein the parents care a lot about who the child(ren) come in contact with at any time, I don’t see why it would be a problem, especially if looking for a wider social group while you’re at it.

1 Like

I mean of course I’ve babysat before. Plus I’m here teaching children like 90% of forgeiners here lol. I brought up daycare as in I’ve watched babies to older kids. Plus had the training required to work in a daycare aka how to change diapers and take care of children safely. I just don’t want to display too much publicly.

1 Like