Where is the best place for brunch?

I am tired of going to Grandma Nitti’s all the time. Need some advice or recommendation for brunch. Any one?

Amaroni’s has a nice brunch. Service runs hot and cold, but the food quality is pretty consistent. Same bosses as Dan Ryan’s.

[url=http://forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=4350&sid=785c15abe29b311e8d83e8939592dad7]

We really like Dan Ryan’s. We get the same waiter just about every time, unless he’s not there for some reason, and we’re always pleased with the food and service.

Where is the best place to have a hangover breakfast in Taipei ?

A full English on a Sunday morning would be my ideal (I’m not going to get an Ulster Fry :cry: )

Where would be some good places to start (I have a few in mind) ?

[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/jakes-country-kitchen-and-its-sister-branch-j-u-k-e/817/1 (now called Jukes?)[/url] has lard a plenty which you can wash down with a morning beer.

[quote=“elsewhere, salmon”]Grandma Nittis has opened a new restuarant behind the Cashbox KTV (Sogo branch) on Zhongxiao S.4. Called Les Amis, I think it says it does things French and Italian. Has weekend brunch menu.

Anyone willing to try it out? In the lane immediately behind Cashbox parallel to Zhongxiao.[/quote]

Now I may have a slight bias, but Citizen Cain now has a damn fine weekend brunch. Traditional English brekky, mammoth fluffy pancakes , baked potatoes, chili, and the best Eggs Benedict in town all grace this new menu. Bottomless coffee is included with every entree, and nothing exceeds NT250.

Citizen Cain is located at 67 Dongfeng St (one block south of the Ren’ai Circle)

I was at Carnegie’s last Sunday for brunch. The English breakfast was excellent: 3 eggs, proper English sausages, real butter, marmalade, mushrooms, reasonable coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, beans, toast, bacon, etc. NT$480. The only thing missing was black pudding.

Turned into a mammoth drinking session, of course.

Agree with Hexuan. The English breakfast at Carnegie’s is excellent and very large. Unlimited toast jam marmalade etc. as well as tea or coffee. The rest of the menu looks good too and very reasonably priced. I gather all items come with unlimited tea or coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice which is a nice change. I’ll go back if just to sit outside and watch the Sunday world go by. Slowly.

Having been impressed with the Full English, I thought I’d try the Continental Breakfast the other Sunday.

Fantastic. Quite how they do it for NT$240 is beyond me. Indeed I suspect that a price hike may be around the corner, once they have hooked us.

Good croissants, and lovely floury white baps. (ooh er!) Real imported butter (in little airline packs), freshly squeezed orange juice. Good coffee. Smoked salmon. Reasonably mature gouda. Proper thick slices of unsmoked ham. Wholegrain mustard. I’m sure there’s something I’m forgetting, but whatever, maybe their menu is online. Anyway, it is a good light breakfast if you can’t stomach the full monty after a night on the piss.

And hardly anyone there. I’m surprised, but maybe that’s a good thing. I think the breakfasts are all day.

Sorry, what are baps?

Sorry, what are baps?[/quote]
Big soft white bread rolls dusted with flour. Delicious.

For me Citizen Cane is a. in the neighborhood (Tun Hwa and Dongfeng St enter from Tun Hwa go past the Siwei Rd intersection and its up a few doors on the right) and b. the food is good and c. the cost is reasonable.

NT$200 for pauper’s breakfast and I think NT$220 or $240 for the full.

So you get four pieces of toast, two eggs and beans and fried potatoes and butter and coffee and … the other one has sausage or bacon thrown in. Not a bad deal. Quiet, sedate, homey, bit of the university neighborhood pub feel to it.

Will consider Carnegies’ but on Sundays it’s just that much further to walk.

freddy

I would have to second Les Amis, and Amaronis. Yum.

But I think that Haoyang used to be better before they started doing the brunch-in-a-skillet thing. Too much potato for me. Do they still do that?

I think somebody should open something up in Hsintien… ppppplease.

Carnegies, the portcullis, a bit of rock and roll, a mimosa or two… oh yeah some tasty food. Best with a breeze.

Haven’t really tried it yet. could it possibly be peaceful like that?

Chou

Any updates on a good place for brunch in Taipei… prefer family friendly… or opens a bit earlier so we can dine with the kids and get out before the crowds come… I love the little sharks, but do understand that not everyone else does. :moo:

Um… on the whole brunch note… I just heard that Citizen Cane no longer serves it. Is this true?

It always happens…

Sunday around noon, my stomach’s growling. I don’t want rice or noodle anything, I want something approaching a Western-style breakfast/brunch.

But, I have no idea where to go. Grandma Nitti’s food & service have been dissapointing (but I applaud their animal saving program) and Jakes is such a rip-off for low-quality grub.

Where can I go for all-day breakfasts (or at least until 3) that are good, sizeable and affordable?

I’m North but will travel.

Can you say “Carnegies?” Not as cheap as some places, but bloody good food and bloody good value.