Where is this? {Picture Quiz: Taiwan}

Pipa Lake in Taidong?

Flowing Lake (ę“»ę°“ę¹–) in Taidong Forest Park. Or is it Green Water Lake (ē¶ ę°“ę¹–) Not sure of the correct name.

1 Like

Right Answer! @fumarole

Iā€™ll start with something easy, before I start digging in my folder of obscure locations in Yilan

1 Like

OK, anyone?

Muhammed Ali Shan?

I could swear Iā€™ve had that exact tagliatelle before, but I canā€™t remember where. Bellini? 8% Cafe?

1 Like

Iā€™m going to give you the point for Bellini because the correct answer also starts with a B, and - sorry about this - I just realized that the rules of the game are that it has to be in Taiwan.

Feels like cheating getting the point that way. Can you narrow it down to a country?

http://www.tln.ca/tlnrecipes/ginos-italian-escape-ginos-grandfathers-tagliatelle-alla-bolognese/

https://www.ginodacampo.com/my-pasta-bar/

Served at one of many Gino Dā€™Acampo restaurants. Italyā€¦boooooo

Now give us a Taiwan location geajvop

2 Likes

Dang, you got me, ha ha, nice one.

OK, let me work on it. Ill get a real one for next time.

That photo looks artificialā€¦ like that of a miniature train in a studio.

Itā€™s the effect on the field of view with a long lens.

The location isnā€™t exactly Ali Mountain, but itā€™s the Ali Mountain train, so I can accept that as the correct answer!

wait, i didnā€™t answer it at all :smile: , @geajvop did!

1 Like

Just FYI.
There is no such thing as Ali Mountain (at least in Taiwan), as far as I know, there is the Alishan Forest Recreation Area, the Alishan Scenic National Area, the Alishan Township, and the Alishan Mountain Range, but there is no single mountain named Ali. Same as Yangminshan, no Yangming Mountain.

1 Like

How do you define a ā€œmountainā€?

Yea I want to adjust my answer specifically to the Muhammed Ali Shan Forest Recreation Area. The one with the legendary forgetful boxers and very very old trees.

I only hear Taiwanese people saying that theyā€™ve been to é˜æ里山, so Iā€™ve always assumed the mountain where that town is built is Ali Mountain. If that mountain doesnā€™t actually exist and itā€™s just a social construct, then Iā€™ll let Taiwanese people handle it the way they see fit.

Itā€™s the name of a mountainous area, not a single mountain. None of the mountains in the Alishan Mountain Range is actually named Alishan Mountain or Mt. Ali.

Take this information anyway you like.

As a sleeping pill? :grin: