1 Like

That looks awesome, where is it?

@Zapman

1 Like

@hannes Is that Liyu Lake in Hualian?

No, it’s in Eastern Taiwan, but it’s not Liyu Lake. :slight_smile:

Meihuahu

Nope

What focal is that? I also noticed the effect, but the DOF seemed too much for a tele.

EDIT: also the texture and color of the wagons make it look like a toy train.

85mm? 100mm? 135mm? It doesn’t look a very extreme tele.

• [Canon EOS 80D]

EF70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM

• ƒ/6.3
  • 70.0 mm
  • 1/80

It was on crop, so FOV is 114mm equivalent +/-, enough to start showing some compression. I don’t remember editing that photo, so any weird effect must be caused by compression/perspective.

AND L337 SK1LLZ, of course

That crop also confuses me. Being used to FF format a crop like that has like a compression to dimension strange ratio, if you know what I mean. My eyes see something unusual on the image.

But I guess that the train itself looks like a toy and the angle of the picture does the rest.

A decade ago I remember seeing some “interesting” pictures taken by a guy with either a box camera or one of these lenses that can control what to leave out of focus (similar to one of those “baby lenses” that came out like 15 or 20 years ago). He took pictures of streets, buildings, cars, machinery, etc
 from above, probably with something equivalent to a 50mm, and left most of the picture out of focus, creating this impression of everything being a model or mockup.

Tilt shift?
I think in my train picture the effect may come from the light, with the background being very dark, the train with some light above it and the foreground pretty dark. I picked that spot to wait for the train because I liked the light there.

Yeah, that shit.

The color (colour) of the wagons play a major role in the effect imo.

Taidong Dapo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8BPv21d0LE

Correct! Your turn,if you like.

1 Like

SureShrine

Too many temples in Taiwan. Unless you pass that temple frequently you won’t know where it is.

OK, here is an easier one, and its also a clue for the location of the temple