Where to meet a girlfriend?

You’re not Winston Wu, are you?

3 Likes

“Ah, you read my other thread!”

yes @Hanna is surprisingly clever for a girl. As, it seems, are the girls of Taiwan. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Other than the green card. Taiwanese women have choices in Taiwan. When they’re young, they got options, and you might not be a relatively great option in terms of looks, charm, social status and wealth.

Indonesian and Vietnamese women don’t have much options. Are you’re basically a huge step up for most in terms of social status jut being a ABT.

why? because they have virtually no free time? pretty hard to date someone when you only have 2 days off in a month.

1 Like

Because they’re in Taiwan. It’s not common people cross racial, cultural, and social backgrounds when dating. I would say even more so in a homogeneous country like Taiwan.

isn’t there like, a bucketload of Taiwanese men with Vietnamese wives?

i don’t think they are getting turned down by taiwanese guys out here. now maybe its harder for western women but other asian women who are also pretty traditional ? unlikely

A way out, a green card. stable family, opportunities.

2 Likes

Yes, but there are probably significantly more Taiwanese men who are interested in Taiwanese women than SE Asians.

doesn’t mean theres still not plenty of guys interested. i don’t think other asian women here are lacking for attention.

I don’t think the guys who marry SEAians marry the domestic helpers and masseuses who are already here

well, I drink coffee (1++) each workday. So much so to make friends with the staff (cute girls) at some coffee shops I go often (it helps I talk a lot), Something I learned that out of town coffee cafés I visit one, I make friends with some staff who come visit me here. So, what trying to say teashop or coffee shop/café is possible to make friends (good nice ones at that!)

Maybe we should have an informal poll. Everyone can say how they met their BF, GF, partner, or spouse (current or former). We’ll see if a pattern forms.
I’m not with a Taiwanese person, so my situation doesn’t count. But in the past, I met two former GFs at church, one online, and had several short periods dating girls I met on Tealit. This is obviously not recent information. That’s all the Taiwanese ones I can remember.

1 Like

Tinder (in the states… followed her back here).

1 Like

Never try to meet a girl where the odds are against you. In a bar, guys outnumber girls 3:1 at 9pm and 6:1 at 2am and then the fights start as 99% of the guys realize they are going home alone. Don’t ever look for a girl near a military base or STEM school. Look for them where odds favor you. Some guys with no interest in yoga/poetry/flower arrangement/art/theater take a class it it.

Filipino girls usually gather every Sunday at some public park. In Hong Kong on Sunday it seems like there is an ocean of them. Look there. Some cultures value marriage and some do not. Filipino might be one of them

hostels

Taiwanese girls see something in you the philli girls dont?

Ok i will bite:
Lessee where did i meet Taiwanese girls that I had a date with, in no particular order:

1. at the beach
  2. at the bus stop
  3. in the elevator
  4. at a cafe
  5. at the pub
  6. at the ktv
  7. on the bus
  8. online
  9. driving through the toll booth on the freeway
  10. at the pool
    12 . at the internet cafe
    13 . at a restaurant
    14 . at a friends house
5 Likes

You went out with a toll booth lady? OK, now that’s hot.

4 Likes

You really appear sincere.

I believe you are.

No offense, but how old are you? Have you dated much before?