Where you get the most bang for your $

Yunnan restaurant in Muzha near the uni on Zhinan Rd just before the police station. Consistenly good food for years now. Great fried chicken, noodle dishes, etc. Two people can really fill up for a few hundred. Chris has been here many times with me and I know he will concur.

I’ll concur if its the one I used to take Jojo to when we first started courting all those years ago. Her student dorm was almost next door to that place, if its the same one. Ah, memories!

I would add Butter, (see this thread [Butter - breakfast and lunch cafe a new entry to the Taipei eateries scene since this thread was started.

I had brunch there again last weekend. A three-egg omelette that comes with coffee, juice, bacon, hash browns and toast (am I forgetting anything?) all for about NT$130 (or maybe $160, I forget because there were three breakfast specials and I mixed and matched adding some sausage for a small extra charge.) Anyway the food was declicious, nice fluffy omelette, good western-style bacon and sausage and they even have multigrain toast now.

Their coffee is better than starbucks, and even better, the atmosphere is great for brunch; nice and relaxing, a description you wouldn’t necessarily expect for a place in this thread. I was stuffed and satiated when I left. Go now before this place becomes the new popular spot and you don’t have to wait for tables.