Who cancelled Christmas!?

Well, I dunno. The celibacy bit doesn’t appeal much. If they figured out a workaround for fasting, you’d think they’d apply the same ingenuity to that little stumbling-block too.

It’s not a hard and fast rule. All you have to do is repent by smoking a fat Lamb’s Bread spliff.

Edit: Oops, wrong sect. Well, maybe the two can be combined?

Aliens. They could do it with aliens without probably breaking any rules. I think I may have merged two threads into one. Can you make it happen moderators?

Drunk, high Belgians with dreadlocks humping aliens.

That’s one hell of religion. You’d have to be drunk and high to dream it up in the first place.

1 Like

Sounds like my hometown, actually.

1 Like

Muslims harrumph at those Christian monks with their beer. The form of substance abuse most approved by God is obviously hashish.

(Hindus seem to agree.)

Well things started going south for Christmas in Taiwan when it stopped being a holiday. It was called Constitution Day. It was a holiday mainly because the Chiangs were (at least nominally) Christian IIRC.

If Christmas day was OFF in Taiwan , i think there would be a bigger splash.

I haven’t noticed any difference between this year and last year. Christmas has never been on the radar. People don’t give a shit about Christmas.

That said, the New Taipei City Christmas Joy is packed every day since like late November. It’s actually pretty pathetic that people would take the metro to Banqiao and spend time to see some bullshit lameass Christmas ornaments and lights with annoying crowds.

So, Taiwan… how was economics this year?

NOt enough Christmas cheer this year eh?

Bah humbug, one and all!

Actually I like this phenomenon. It make it easier to predict where the crowds are. With this knowledge, I stay the hell away from those spots. Awesome!

Guy

1 Like

Solution

@Brianjones Glad I can be of help. Happy (not yet) holidays to you!

Guy

Merry Fucking Xmas!

1 Like

Gain you miserable so and so… Banqiao Xmas setup Is not bad. Those light shows are fun for everyone. Let me take this opportunity to wish you a little joy into your life. Merry Xmas to you

2 Likes

Oh so the reason to this observation is that since everyone would be at the New Taipei City Christmas Joy so the rest of the island just cancalled it?

Urgent help needed finding gifts for soccer and cooking 12 year old fan. Can’t find small enough team shirts and Mom gave him a new ball - we suspect she bought volleybalk instead of soccer though.

You want to cook a 12 year old fan? :thinking:

2 Likes

Little help here, man, the clock is ticking.

Did you find some?

Kids got up really early this morning.