Who is going to Computex this week?

Great!

Are you hiding?

1 Like

He’s easy to find. He’s the one that doesn’t stop talking

3 Likes

As far as I understand, visitors are not allowed to enter during the second 7 days of self health management. So indeed, visitors needed to arrive 14 days earlier.

Ok, that’s easy then. I only counted around two Flash/DRAM makers, and one of them looked everything but high-end.

Very few people today, but I didn’t notice any red clad foreigners. Only one in a brown-ish suit. I didn’t check very detailed, though, was busy trying to see if any interesting companies are there (for me: pretty much none).

1 Like

Was at the Innovex component of it today. I’d say exhibitors outnumbered attendees. Could be good for a swag run?

4 Likes

Haha hope that wasn’t us xD

1 Like

I went back to the office at 13:30 so maybe you missed me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that explains it. I was there from ~15:30

PS: If anyone wants some hints for restaurants in walkable distance around Computex…

Tibetian - 青丹扎西 Chingdan Tashi: very nice owner (?) that speaks good English, awesome food, super close to Nangang exhibition hall. I love their lamb dishes.

Huge delicious boiled dumplings - Beidahuang: A bit further down the same road. If you can tolerate the quite run-down / dirty building, then these dumplings are truly special. Mix your own sauce: A spoon of Spring onion, a spoon of crushed chilis paste (very spicy!), a shot of Sesame oil, and a good amount of their dumpling soy sauce (in a tea pot) . Caution, 8-10 pieces are a LOT of food already. The other thing special there is the Lu Wei (soy sauce braised stuff), especially the smoked lean pork (you cant take it by yourself, have to point at it when you are at the counter ordering).

Bogart’s Smoke House : Even a bit further down that road. Already reviewed many times on Forumosa - great food!

7 Likes

How was that? I want to go visit tomorrow afternoon, but I’m wondering if it’s worth the time.

I walked past a seated area where the Canadian trade office director, or someone with a title along those lines was giving a speech.

Are there open-to-the-public days or is it industry-only this year?

they dont really check if you are from the industry. just show up with 2 business cards and register.

I’m here now if anyone wants to come and chat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dammit you can’t break the fourth wall like that

3 Likes

I think I saw you, but you look busy talking to a pretty girl :howyoudoin:

1 Like

Hahahaah. Come back, I’m not busy now

I’m in a red tucked in shirt

3 Likes

Too late, I was gone already. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was surprised with the size of the event this year. Nothing compared with the last presencial one couple of years ago!

2 Likes

Almost forgot: in walking distance from Computex is also this Japanese place “Tao” serving 299NT all-you-can-drink draft beer :beers: I also love their food, but it’s not cheap.

Another great (a bit cheaper) Japanese food place is this, I like their salmon on rice. Also take a minute to look at their beautiful outside wall mural:

1 Like

@Myn @papertowel :yum:

3 Likes

Love me some piss water

2 Likes