Who is going to Computex this week?

3 Likes

Sooooo… Who’s going to computex 2023 end of this month?

I’ll be there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

maybe. i have a pass

Is there any upside to going to computex? Like any cheap GPU’s?

no.

No

Booth babes?

You can see showgirls at any expo in Taipei

Not too many Computex parties this year. Just the usual TweakTown piss-up at the crass monkey.

less so, its considered less and less professional.
companies are now giving temp staff company T shirts and uniforms to make them look like employees, not like strippers.

Not as much wild amounts of female flesh as computed though

I havent seen much of a difference.

You are going to the wrong expos then :rofl:

1 Like

First time riding the THSR since COVID. Feels so odd.

1 Like

What about the adult expo? Anyone going there?

1 Like

I’m looking for software development internships at the moment, do you think I’d have any luck going to Computex on Friday and handing my cv around? Waste of time, or worthwhile endeavor?

probably not the right place. most of the people there are sales and marketing, not the people that will hire software development interns.

2 Likes

I feel like Computex is more about hardware right? Maybe if you’re looking to write BIOS and firmware…

I think you’d be looking for job fairs, and Computex is more about showcasing products.

You can talk to the people there and if something sounds interesting, then ask for their card and follow up. They can help you get in touch with the right people who can do hiring decisions.
Don’t need to hand them your CV.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I think I’ll go down on Friday and see if anything happens.