Who is Sarah Palin?

Can you guys discuss completely irrelevant ancient history and kanookian affairs elsewhere?

This thread is about the former moosehunting beauty queen/mayor of wasilla’s decision to QUIT her job mid-term, cuz she couldn’t handle the pressure, while still trying to nurture the fantasy that she’s qualified to serve as President of the United States, which she’s obviously not.

As one former senior strategist for McCain put it:

[color=#FF0000]“Good point guards don’t quit and walk off the floor if the going gets tough. Today’s move falls further into the weirdness category; people don’t like a quitter.” [/color]

nytimes.com/2009/07/04/us/po … in.html?em

Keep in mind, she didn’t just announce a decision not to seek reelection. She announced a decision to QUIT her job halfway through, a job she was elected for (at the peoples’ expense) and which she once vowed she was qualified for and interested in.

[quote]Can you guys discuss completely irrelevant ancient history and kanookian affairs elsewhere?

This thread is about the former moosehunting beauty queen/mayor of wasilla’s decision to QUIT her job mid-term, cuz she couldn’t handle the pressure, while still trying to nurture the fantasy that she’s qualified to serve as President of the United States, which she’s obviously not.[/quote]Maybe no one is discussing it MT because when posts like mind actually detail why she quit, everyone who doesn’t agree quietly ignores them. Can’t have cognitive dissonance now can we about an evil stupid woman with $500,000 in legal fees from defending herself and winning 15 out of 15 ethics complaints. I mean how would you deal with Larry King talking to your daughter’s ex-fiancé about their sex life?

Uh, stop pushing my daughter into the limelight as a poster child for abstinence-only groups in order to bolster my own political career?

Oh, and maybe tell her to stop fanning the flames of public interest by posing for the cover of People magazine.

At least your post is on topic. But your facts are wrong. It’s almost $300K defending 13 ethics complaints, but those fees were paid by the state, not by her, and

• Almost two thirds of those costs were spent defending an investigation that she launched herself, a case in which the legislative investigator concluded Palin abused her authority when she waged a campaign against a state trooper with whom she had a family dispute, and

• As a result of another case she agreed to reimburse $8000 that she charged to the state for improperly flying her kids around at taxpayer expense.

[quote]The state of Alaska has spent almost $300,000 investigating ethics complaints against Gov. Sarah Palin or her staff.

The $296,042 tab reflects 13 cases resolved by the Alaska Personnel Board with no findings of wrongdoing, although one complaint led to Palin’s agreement to reimburse the state about $8,100 for costs associated with trips taken with her children. The amount was the result of a public records request made by the Juneau Empire.

State Personnel Director Nicki Neal said Wednesday the largest bills - nearly $188,000 - reflects the investigation into Palin’s firing of a public safety commissioner who believed he was terminated over his refusal to dismiss a state trooper involved in a messy divorce with the governor’s sister.

That probe was prompted by a “self disclosure” filed by Palin with the board, whose three members are appointed by the governor… . .[/quote]
newsminer.com/news/2009/jul/01/s … omplaints/

Sound like her excuse for QUITTING is as phoney as her claim that she opposed the bridge to nowhere (which she actually supported).

So, it’ll be interesting to see if:

a. a scandal comes to light which appears to have been the reason for her QUITTing
b. she fades into complete obscurity and ancient history, or
c. she uses her new time speaking, doing good on a large scale, and otherwise enhancing her public profile and reputation in preparation for her entrance into national politics

I’m not sure whether a. or b. is more likely, but I certainly wouldn’t put my money on c.

We know she’s a quitter, who abandoned the Alaskans who elected her to run for VP, and has now quit completely, without even the decency of an explanation. A willfully ignorant liar, probably right at home in the GOP. Maybe she’s planning another run for office, so she can buy a new wardrobe and some new shoes…

I find most of you guys kind of sick. I do. It’s the unhealthy fascination with destroying this woman. You throw out a defense and you guys go all ad hominem or straight out ignore it. It’s disgusting and I can think of a person who has been demonized more for having done less.

-FFS her daughter’s sex life was discussed on CNN by Larry King
-She’s been out of the state 4 times since the presidential election and has always been a big supporter and proponent of her state and its products. Every time she leaves the state she gets an ethics complaint filed against her.
-A late night comic jokes about her daughter being raped at a game and you guys go all 3 monkeys on us.
-She had nothing to do with the wardrobe.
-A People magazine cover? FFS MikeN you are grasping, did you not see the part where this woman sells. Short of Obama, no one sells more than Palin.
-When did she push her daughter as the poster child of abstinence?
-The MSM already has multiple theories from talking to her “friends”. None of which coincide with the others. Can we give these guys the Jason Blair award?
-A scandal? Are you serious? Any scandal would of shown up by now. This is grasping guys.

I don’t expect shit from you guys. You’re just low class. Intelligent debate with you is impossible, I understand that now.

Palin can get along with her life now, hopefully without the jokes or the serious journalistic inquiries on whether Trig is really her son or not. Even Sanford hasn’t gotten it this bad and he went straight off the deep end. Spitzer has been on the road to rehabilitation despite the malfeasance committed on Wall Street and wanting to go bareback on a hooker.

I don’t know who you’re referring to, but I’m not intent on destroying her. Her quitting office just happens to be a top news story – justifiably so – so I thought I’d comment on it and question why she might have quit, something that’s being widely pondered by all sorts of republicans, democrats and others who are interested in major news stories. Nothing sick or unhealthy about that. In fact, if anything seems sick or unhealthy it’s your attempts to portray normal discourse as sick and unhealthy (or to repeatedly try to shift the discussion). Apparently you’ve got a soft spot in your heart for the quitter. Moreover, we’re not trying to destroy her – how could we? She’s the one who just destroyed her political career, all by herself.

As I’ve said, if she doesn’t have the strength for serious politics and would prefer to spend her time with her family, that’s fine. I’ve got nothing against homemakers and believe everyone should live their lives as they want to. Life’s short. But it does seem this once possible presidential candidate is now history. That’s all I was saying, and it’s pretty clearly a newsworthy and interesting story to ponder.

We’re not destroying her; neither is the media. She’s destroying herself.

We’re just reveling in the schadenfreude of watching the GOP members get what they so richly deserve.

The obsession with defending Palin is the strange thing. If she wasn’t a right-wing politician, I doubt you would even want her teaching your kids at school or her children hanging out with yours. Honestly, what you see as the “fascination with destroying her” is a reflection of the fact that she’s just plain weird - professionally and personally. I think so, the NY Times thinks so, and my guess is that you think so, too.

Leave the nice soft white woman alone!

OK now we have an explanation. She wants to save Alaska the money they’re spending on all the ethics investigations. :loco: You. Just. Can’t. Make. This. Shit. Up! I know some of you don’t believe me, go look it up and come back to this thread.

Fox and the WSJ are lining up behind this with a full court press. Honestly how can these people look themselves in the mirror, how can any serious person put this bullshit forward with a straight face, its mind blowing and hilarious. Maybe a better strategy to save money would be [color=#0000BF]Don’t Commit Dozens of Ethics Violations in the First Place. [/color] Really Palin’s explanation ranks right up there with Senator Craig’s - he walked into the men’s room and he simply grabbed the wrong penis.

I am looking forward to the Limbaugh-Palin '12, truth is stranger than fiction, I’ll bust a gut laughing as that campaign circles the drain. I have to give it to the GOP they finally beat Franken, this stuff is even funnier. Maybe we can run Borat-Franken against them…

You guys just can’t stand to see a successful white woman. First you ragged on Hillary until she quit. And now you turned on Sarah. Well I hope you are happy.

And don’t forget MJ.

It makes you wonder, “What if…”

[quote]Alternate Reality: Palin Resigns Presidency To Lead Country Better, Better Effect Change
Washington, D.C., 2011 – President Sarah Palin shocked the country today after she announced that she would resign her position as President because, among other things, she did not wish to become a lame duck.
President Palin, who was elevated to the post shortly after nine Inaugural balls proved too much for the elderly President John McCain – “It was one dance too many,” said a tearful Cindy McCain – has only been President for two years, but she said that she could better lead America if she was not hampered by her current position as the leader of America.
In yet another surprise, Palin, who never appointed her replacement to the Office of the Vice President said that she would be handing over the reigns to Nancy Pelosi, who pledged to be the “best second woman president this country has ever had.”
Palin likened her decision to resign to a basketball player’s decision to “pass the ball,” a quarterback’s decision to “get rid of the pigskin,” and a NASA flight controller’s decision to “ground the bird.” She also made a comparison between her role as President and her future role as an “American leader” to the difference between butter and “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.”
She also loosely quoted General Douglas Macarthur, saying “We are not moving backward. We are moving forward in reverse.”
Palin’s made the announcement from her home in Wasilla, Alaska, where she continued to live even after becoming President. She had decried “wasting American tax dollars on keeping up that expensive White House,” adding “she had a perfectly good house in Alaska, and a good deal of it is white.”
Palin’s bills commuting from Washington to Alaska during her two years in office cost the country close to $20 million, according to figures provided by the Office of Management and Budget.[/quote]
tomburka.com/archives2/2009/07/p … igns-p.php

Who is out to get her?

[quote]Astounding. Risky. Quitter. And that’s what fellow conservatives had to say Sunday about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and her decision to step down with 18 months left in her term.

Democrats left it to Republican and conservative voices to assess what Friday’s unexpected announcement by Palin means for her and a possible run for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. For example, Vice President Joe Biden called it a personal decision, offering no analysis of why she did it.

By contrast, those on the political right acknowledged that they didn’t know what to make of it.

Karl Rove, the “architect” of George W. Bush’s successful presidential campaigns, said the resignation left many of Palin’s fellow Republicans “a little perplexed.”

“It’s a risky strategy,” Rove told “Fox News Sunday.”

“Astounding,” was the pronouncement by Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, and conservative columnist George Will said Palin was declaring herself a quitter.[/quote]

Oh, oh …

Can she say “bridge to nowhere”?

Quotes from: Palin resignation shocks U.S. conservatives

Good stuff from Maureen Dowd

[quote]Palin’s speech is classic casuistry.

After girlish burbling about how “progressing our state” and serving Alaska “is the greatest honor that I could imagine,” and raving about how much she loves her job, she abruptly announced that she was making the ultimate sacrifice: dumping the state on her lieutenant.

Why “milk it,” as she put it, when you can quit it? “Only dead fish go with the flow,” she said, while cold fish can blow out of town. Leaving Alaska in the lurch is best for Alaska. She can better “effect change” in government from outside government. She can fulfill her promise of “efficiencies and effectiveness” by deserting Juneau midway through her term — and taking her tanning bed with her.

“We need those who will respect our Constitution,” said Palin, who swore on the Bible to uphold the Constitution. She said she can’t fulfill that silly old oath of office in the usual way because she’s not “wired to operate under the same old politics as usual.”

Naturally, she dragged the troops in, saying that her trip to see wounded soldiers overseas “fortified” her decision to give up because “they don’t give up.”

She refuses to succumb to the “politics of personal destruction.” It’s no fun unless she’s the one aiming those poison darts, as she did when she accused Barack Obama of associating “with terrorists who targeted their own country.”

Sometimes, she explained, if you’re the star, you have to “call an audible and pass the ball” and leave at halftime, “so the team can win” somehow without you.

The maverick must run free when greener pastures beckon. The musher must jump out of the dogsled when warmer climes call. As Palin’s spokeswoman, Meg Stapleton, says, “The world is literally her oyster.”

But just remember, beloved Alaska, it’s all about you.[/quote]
nytimes.com/2009/07/05/opini … ml?_r=1&em

and George Will

[quote]On ABC’s This Week program today, conservative columnist George Will had some harsh criticism for Sarah Palin’s decision to resign from her position as Alaska governor on Friday. . .

In her resignation speech, Palin said, “Life is too short to compromise time and resources and though it may be tempting and more comfortable to just kind of keep your head down and plod along and appease those who are demanding, hey, just sit down and shut up. But that’s a worthless, easy pass out. That’s a quitter’s way out.”

George Will responded to Palin’s logic by wondering what she was talking about, “I read it once, and seen it twice and I still have no idea why she did this. . . the one that rings most hollow is she doesn’t want to put Alaska through the terror of being a lame duck governor. If she is just weary of it, one can understand that. Still, she made a contract with them to serve out her term. And she said, in her own words, she now is a quitter.”[/quote]
politicususa.com/en/Will-Palin-Quitter

of course, George Will also stated last year that Palin was “obviously not qualified to be President.” I guess he was right.

If she had anything new or original to say, then perhaps one could forgive her grating nasal twang. The fact of the matter is that she deserves to have her political image beaten like a gong.

Pearls before swine…Inside Politics Weekend: Palin pile-on

You fear her. Admit it.

Yes, I’d fear her being president. For very good reason. Crazy extremists have no place in high office.

Well thats certainly being proven with the Ass-Clown occupying the POTUS office at this time.

Fortunately, that label is highly inaccurate for Palin.
But you keep pushin that line…its funny… :loco: