Who likes Taiwan Beer?

Do you like Taiwan beer?

• Yes
  • No
  • If nothing else is available…

0 voters

Simple poll. Do you like the taste of Taiwan beer? (gold, draft or otherwise)

It seems I am one of the few people I know that likes the stuff.

Green bottle with seafood dinner or goose restaurant dinner, yes, I like that, but otherwise I avoid it, especially the cans. Actually, I avoid all cans of beer ever since the forumosa thread on formaldehyde in cans of beer. I cooked up a mean fried rice for lunch today and had a bottle of Chimay with it. Mmmm. Taiwan beer just wouldn’t have been the same.

Yes. Yes I do. Prefer the green bottle; will enjoy the brown bottle if only one available.

Slip me some of the good ol’ Duff any day. Hook it up to my viens.

Chou

Either will do, original or gold label.

Taiwan Gold’s not bad. Wouldn’t go out of my way to buy TP. I’ll drink it when someone pours me one. After a few, they all taste the same.

I’m drinking Korean beer now (Cass). Not good. I can get Tsingdao in the nearest town (cans), but it’s pricy (about 75 NT/can). Not worth stocking up on. Cheapest can of Korean beer is 42 NT in the supermarket. Up to about 55 NT in the convenience store. Why? Good question.

I can remember cans of Tsingdao being 32-34 NT at 7-11. TP a littel less. Bottles were the way to go in Taiwan. When aren’t they?

Agree. TaiPi is good stuff.

I drink it by choice these days, unless there is something belgian around.

I quite like Taiwan beer. I actually prefer the brown bottle.

I like it alot. Don’t know why… :beer:

Not had a Taiwan beer for eons. I actually saw it for sale at a betel nuit stall in Zhuhai a few months back but scored the betel nut instead.

But you’ve reminded me, whatever happend to Feiwu? A fun little band for the basic learner of Chinese.

HG

Taiwan Beer
我 愛 台 灣 啤 酒

台灣啤酒很好喝,台灣啤酒喝完了。
台灣啤酒三十塊,台灣啤酒我最愛。

周末來了朋友一起去玩 (台灣啤酒一瓶台灣啤酒)
簿回家到看見太陽 (台灣啤酒我愛台灣啤酒)

白天我在睡覺不能起床
晚上朋友給我電話,請我出去狂樂一番

五點老闆要關門 (台灣啤酒一瓶台灣啤酒)
還沒醉,不要趕我們 (台灣啤酒我愛台灣啤酒)

台灣啤酒很好喝,台灣啤酒喝完了。
台灣啤酒三十塊,台灣啤酒我最愛。

[quote=“JoeyJoJoJnrShabadu”]Simple poll. Do you like the taste of Taiwan beer? (gold, draft or otherwise)

It seems I am one of the few people I know that likes the stuff.[/quote]
Nice timing with the poll! (I love the stuff, by the way…) :beer:

It depends entirely on who I

IMO, Taiwan Beer is even better than Budweiser. And I like Bud!

But I’m not drinking Taiwan Beer now. I’m drinking Qiao Le Beer, High Quality in a plastic 1.6 L bottle, on sale now for NT$99. It’s a little bubblier than Taiwan Beer, but if I don’t finish the entire bottle in one evening, I just close the top and leave it refrigerated for future consumption.

From the label: “TIMELESS ENDURING HERITAGE,CRAFTSMANSHIP AND NEW MALT ADDITION DELIVER REFRESHING SMOOTHNESS AND CLEAN AFTER TASTE, MAKING THE MOST DRINKABLE BEER”

And I agree with what the label says.

Excuse me? :laughing:

and beer in plastic bottles? What’s this Qiao Le of which you speak?

Oh dear, where is the incredible mind circus? Tigger, you there? Surely you can’t put up with this.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”] Tigger, you there? Surely you can’t put up with this.

HG[/quote]

He is probably out somewhere drinking canned Taiwan Beer in an ice filled glass. :astonished:

Ha ha ha! . . . Sneakily!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Ha ha ha! . . . Sneakily!

HG[/quote]

Canned TB in an ice filled glass…the forbidden fruit of a beer connoisseur.

“Tigerman! Why are you taking so long in the bathroom!”

“Uh” gurgle, gurgle “nothing”.