Who will be the next UK prime minister (Conservative leader)

Pandemic, post pandemic, supply chain, Russia

If you are still asking questions, you don’t care about Ukrainians. They count bodies while you count pennies.

Seems like that should matter more.

The beer and other things will be free soon. People will be walking out of supermarkets without paying.

That’s accurate. I don’t care about most people, truthfully. I don’t really care about myself if we were to analyse it further.

I’ve seen that on Insta in America. I don’t think it will happen here because we don’t have guns. I saw a kid stealing a drink in shop the other day. Grassed the little bastard straight up.

Taiwan food is possibly the worst low quality food I’ve ever come across.
British food is a far higher standard and still cheaper.
USA food is a fat bastards dream, French food is seriously overrated, Spanish nice, Portuguese nice, Italian nice, Russia shit, polish shit, Chinese nice, Taiwanese shit, Japanese nice, Thai fantastic, Australian best fruit and nice beef, Argentina nice meat and lots of it, Finnish weird but healthy, Malay just superb.
British curry fantastic.
Tell me your opinion on worldwide foods that you have actually eaten please.

2 Likes

I just really do not like the food in the UK.

Bland and tasteless. I absolutely hate eating things in the UK. The only people who seem to like it are British people. I’ve rarely heard anyone not from there actually like the food. Also my least favorite place for curry.

I look forward to leaving the UK every month to eat some other food. I’m in Croatia now and the food is excellent quality and taste so much better.

It still has a great reputation.

British food is good (the breakfast is all that I’ve had). I had some in Heathrow.

What does autofill say when you search “why British food”? I wanna see if you see the same thing.

1 Like

Same/similar

1 Like

Besides some of the best places in London like Rules, Wiltons, The Ivy. I generally do not find day to day food pleasant. I’ve yet to hear a non British person tell me they like it either or they go to the UK to eat British food.

People do go to Taiwan to eat the food. I do agree British food can use higher quality ingredients, but to me it’s generally bland unless we are talking about the best of the best.

1 Like

I will however say British butchers are excellent. I do enjoy getting a nice cut of steak in the UK.

From where?

From many places. Particularly from Japan and Korea. You see tourists come eat all the time. It’s on many online foodie lists.

How many Europeans come to eat British food? They all seem to snicker when I mentioned about the food in the UK.

Some people don’t like the food in Taiwan. That’s normal. Food taste is somewhat subjective. Many others do like it. I just do not hear of many or any non British person say they like British food.

Japanese go to Hong Kong for the food but not Taiwan that I know of. Taiwanese love Japanese and S Korea restaurants same as Brits love Indian and Italian,

Taiwan surrounded by sea yet eat river fish, and squid! sea caught fish is ridiculously expensive. British North Sea fish is the best, shame they sell most to Far East.

Really has to do with where you come from I guess, fish and chips, roast dinners are bland but hardly any Brits eat that.

That’s not true. They do come to Taiwan. Of course the Japanese say their food is superior and I do pretty much for the most part agree. But I’ve talked to many that do come to eat and enjoy the food.

Not defending British food. I am a beans on toast and fish and chips guy so it suits me.

But I don’t think people come here because the food is so good. It is close, cheap and the safe option for Japanese and Koreans. Maybe I’m wrong though.

For an island country, it’s been difficult to find fresh fish and a good variety in the UK. This is one of my frustrations. But when I can, fresh salmon is really wonderful to cook and eat.

Taiwan has a similar problem. Seafood was much cheaper when I was young in Taiwan. Exports have changed that. Particularly to china where their appetite for seafood grows inland.

1 Like

Koreans go to Taiwan for food?

In my experience mostly for the fruit or the smoothies, not the meals.

You’re not wrong. It is one of the reasons. But they do come to enjoy the food.

They do. My moms (she’s Korean) friends do come and taiwan does have a good reputation for food. Particularly tasty cheap food.

No one is coming to Taiwan for fine dining. Im not saying that.

1 Like

I would imagine Taiwan being shit if you’re living here as a European. Western food is crap in Taiwan for the most part and expensive.

But for a short trip. I would imagine many people would enjoy it.

Have you guys had Croatian food?

I’m here no and the seafood is excellent. I had no idea. Some amazing olive oil as well, I never knew.

It reminds me of Italian food, very simple and good quality.

1 Like

By the way, are there a lot of ducks in central Europe? They serve it everywhere.