Whose burgers are closest to In-N-Out's?

American burger chain In-N-Out Burger held a one-day promotional event in Taipei. Tickets to get in sold out an hour and a half before the event started, as people stood in line from dawn to get their hands on the famous burgers.

Those “wows”/“woahs” at the start… :laughing:

For a fast-food burger. :laughing:

I’m surprised the inside of the restaurant looked so quiet.

Had it many times in SoCal. Overrated for sure. Shake shack is wayyy better.

3 Likes

Agreed. In-n-Out burgers seem dry and flavorless to me. For something as simple as burger and fries I am underwhelmed, they aint that great.

1 Like

This is what all the fuss is about? looks like the usual mcdonalds type slop. What’s so special?

In-N-Out is soooo overrated. And the fries suck!

Responding to a old post:

But if anyone insists and have a long layover at LAX, you can take the Parking Spot (Sepulveda) shuttle to their lot, which is right next to an In-N-Out.

The big difference between McDs is fresh ingredients, and cooks to order.

So in n out is ever worse than even mcdonalds? I’m so confused with american preferences.

no, the difference between them is fresh ingredients and cooked to order. That’s what in-n-out does, not what mcd does.

This Is What Makes In-N-Out Burgers So Delicious

• Fresh Meat: In-N-Out Burger maintains its high quality by ensuring that none of their locations are more than a day’s drive away from their meat processing plants. This allows them to deliver fresh, never-frozen hamburger patties made from 100% USDA ground chuck without any additives, fillers, or preservatives.

• Fresh Ingredients: Apart from the meat, the vegetables used in In-N-Out burgers are also fresh.

• Onion Options: In-N-Out offers various onion options to cater to individual preferences. Customers can have a whole slice of onion, diced onion, grilled onions (caramelized), or even a grilled whole onion with their burgers.

• Perfect Ratio: In-N-Out pays attention to the balance between the beef and bun, ensuring the right proportions. Their buns are soft, fresh, and made by Puritan Bakery. The thinner patties allow for a cheese-to-meat ratio that leans slightly more towards cheese, allowing the condiments to complement the beef flavor.

• Simplicity: In-N-Out keeps its menu simple, focusing mainly on burgers, fries, and shakes. Unlike other chains that introduce new items regularly, In-N-Out has less than 15 menu items.

1 Like

I haven’t tried In-n-out yet since never been on the West Coast, but Shake Shack is the best burger, period. Five guys can have a very good meat and bacon, but the buns are fucking deplorable. Same quality as Maccas (in HK they use the same supplier…).

1 Like

I wonder how many of those are true for the pop-up store.

If “fresh” just means “not frozen”, then most of the ingredients at a specific breakfast restraunt downstairs are “fresh”, but that’s not a good thing.

So, the big lines at In N Out Burger brings up a question I often wonder — why do other fast food franchises fail here?

Taiwanese love shit food. Burger King, KFC, McDonald’s MOS Burger CK Chicken—all busy whenever I go past them. Yet other fast food chains either don’t open, or just utterly fail.

There’s clearly a big demand for it. And if, I dunno, Wendy’s opened up tomorrow in Ximen, there would be queues around the street.

I’m not opposed to fast food. I enjoy a McDonald’s every now and then. So I would actually welcome a few other choices.

I would say MaD’s works here, KFC and Burger King not so much. The number of KFSs and BKs compared to 15 years ago is probably less than 1/3 of what it was.

Never seen a CK Chicken here, there are a few MOS burgers but again less than there were.

So from your list I would say only McD’s is doing well.

You’ve already covered the world’s most popular chains: McD, KFC and BK.

I can’t really think of any others that are as universally popular as those three.

1 Like

Denny’s?

Is that a fast food chain? I thought it was a breakfast restaurant.

Anyway, I’ve only seen them in the US. I don’t believe they are very popular among non-Americans.

Huh? BK has expanded big time into Kaohsiung the past few years. Up until 3 years ago I only ever saw it in Taipei.

Well 15-20 years ago there was lots of them in Taipei - now hardly any.

I guess rent in Taipei got too high that they all had to move down south to Kaohsiung. :laughing:

Well, maybe not as widespread like maccas, but there r a few in Taipei.

I think even more than KFC