Why are they digging up Danshui Boardwalk?

I think Morran is playing devil’s advocate here :grin: along with his proposal for a multistory expressway running along the Tamshui river.

At least I hope so!

And how are those cars going to get there? Haven’t you noticed there’s only one road into Danshui, and it looks like a parking lot already? What are those people going to do when they get there, if it’s already packed?

The MRT capacity is very well matched to the actual areas of interest in Danshui. There’s no need to route more cars into the place.

I find it pretty baffling that people genuinely think grass is “useless”. Modern education leaves a lot to be desired.

Possibly. He’s doing it very well :slight_smile:

Maybe they could tear down the old street and put a multi-story parking lot there. that should sort it

1 Like

I was in Tamshui yesterday but didn’t investigate further as was was busy looking for sausages . Long story :).

Was very pleasant weather for cycling, highly recommend it…But be prepared for the crowds.

Whens the light rail going to start operations ?

Yes, so that’s why we need to add a multistory express way there instead. Similar to the one going to the airport.

Three levels should sort it out, ground level going in both directions and the two upper levels each in one direction.

1 Like

Yup, looks like you’re right :slight_smile:

1 Like

In that case, add an express train stopping at Tamsui, Beitou, Shilin, Taipei Main, and maybe 101. Solved! :slight_smile:

Well, well, big surprise! It’s January 20th and they are far from being finished! Hopefully they’ll get it finished before CNY!!

[quote=“morran01, post:37, topic:175259, full:true”]
Yes, it would be super convenient. While they are at it, they should do something about the roads leading in to Danshui. The road by the river is packed in the weekends.

Perhaps something similar to the freeway to the airport, multiple levels with the top two levels each going in one direction.

I am sure with better roads and parking far more people would visit Danshui.
[/quote)

Leading to more congestion
And lack of parking

Maybe they cleared it to prepare for the light rail station?

No. No train station. They are “improving” the park. Pouring lots of concrete, putting tiles down on top, benches, landscaping, more design, less muddy grass with gravel. It’ll look better when it’s finished, just not natural grass with gravel paths like before. I think that the grass and gravel paths were just a temp design until they got approval/money to do what they really wanted to do.

It looks alright. Not nightmarish. Still less grass though, not good. To hell with concrete.

2 Likes

Please the concrete lobby?