Why are Westerners such fools for Taiwanese girls?

gosh no need to defend yourself dudes, you got the girl … he dont . hahaahhaahahah

It’s because I’m such a pedantic fucker that Taiwanese girls like me and Western girls don’t. :raspberry:

My gf reads the Taiwanese BBS’s and every now and then comes across posts from angry, insecure Taiwanese men. Especially of course in response to Taiwanese women discussing their sweet relationships with westerners… :sunglasses:

When people are complaining about how this or that group doesn’t love them or want them or respect them enough, it could quite possibly be because they need to lift their game. Everywhere is different, of course, so the rules of the game vary, but if Western guys can’t get it in the West, they need to lift their game (or move elsewhere to a game they’re more suited to), likewise with Western women here, likewise with the bone-headed elements or Mr Personalities/Jim Morrissons (“come on baby light my fire”) of this society. If I were a discerning Taiwanese girl, I probably wouldn’t be interested in many of the guys here either, but having said that, I know some Taiwanese guys who do/have done pretty well for themselves, the underlying theme being that they have personalities and social skills.

It reminds me of that blog by that guy ChinaBounder. Whether he was a real or fictional character or not, some of the responses on his blog, not to mention the supposed nation-wide manhunt for him, are absolutely hilarious. No wonder the guy could just about fuck any girl he looked at when so much of his local competition was composed of frothing idiots.

Oh man, I hadn’t been there in months because there hadn’t been any updates since the beginning of the year, but I see he’s started writing again! Top notch.

http://chinabounder.blogspot.com/

[color=#0000FF][i]Hey Mama, say what you wanna
Tell me it’s all up to you
I know you’ve been runnin’ all over town, honey
But what should I do?
Love can run hot, love can turn cold
Break your heart in two or so I’ve been told
Yes I know, oh baby, I want you to hear what I say
I’m a fool for your love
Yes I am

Oh baby, I want you to hear what I say
I’m a fool for your love
I’m a fool for your love [/i][/color]
Triumph was cool. I used to be able to play Petite Etude.

If you think you’re a loser living in Taiwan, think about what the people you went to high school with are doing these days, what great successes they’ve become. There are these amazing new inventions on the internet called Facebook and MySpace where you can do exactly that. You can see all your friends from 10 to 20 years ago from college and high school and how they’ve all gained 40 lbs. and are stuck in dead-end jobs and twice divorced and possibly alcoholic and struggling to make car payments and spend their free time uploading pictures of themselves back in high school and gossipping about the “good old days” online because those were the happiest days of their now-mediocre lives.

And those are the ones that can afford to purchase computers. I wonder what the real burnouts and losers I knew back in school are doing these days. I wonder how many people I went to school with are in jail.

As for all this jive about “you came to Asia because you couldn’t get a white woman!”, lots of guys I knew back home, probably most of’em, stuck with that one girl they met in high school or college for years and years until they finally said, “To heck with it, might as well marry her if I’ve been sticking around this long.” Nothing wrong with that, if it makes you happy; seems to make a lot of people - well, if not “happy” exactly, at least content. Really, is that what being a “winner” means? As opposed to hopping around the globe and dating exotic foreign women of various nationalities and ethnicities, which apparently makes you a “loser” because “you couldn’t get women like that back home!”

[quote=“Quentin”]If you think you’re a loser living in Taiwan, think about what the people you went to high school with are doing these days, what great successes they’ve become. There are these amazing new inventions on the internet called Facebook and MySpace where you can do exactly that. You can see all your friends from 10 to 20 years ago from college and high school and how they’ve all gained 40 lbs. and are stuck in dead-end jobs and twice divorced and possibly alcoholic and struggling to make car payments and spend their free time uploading pictures of themselves back in high school and gossipping about the “good old days” online because those were the happiest days of their now-mediocre lives.

And those are the ones that can afford to purchase computers. I wonder what the real burnouts and losers I knew back in school are doing these days. I wonder how many people I went to school with are in jail.

As for all this jive about “you came to Asia because you couldn’t get a white woman!”, lots of guys I knew back home, probably most of’em, stuck with that one girl they met in high school or college for years and years until they finally said, “To heck with it, might as well marry her if I’ve been sticking around this long.” Nothing wrong with that, if it makes you happy; seems to make a lot of people - well, if not “happy” exactly, at least content. Really, is that what being a “winner” means? As opposed to hopping around the globe and dating exotic foreign women of various nationalities and ethnicities, which apparently makes you a “loser” because “you couldn’t get women like that back home!”[/quote]

What do you do if you came to Asia and that happened to you anyway?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. And it works both ways, of course. I have a number of female friends who are married to hot ‘exotic’ men of different nationalities…last week, a 55 year-old American coworker of mine just married a very young (late 20’s), amazing-looking Jordanian man, who has a personality to match his looks. Wow. And I work with loads of American. British, and Australian women who have awesome husbands and partners from all over the globe. These women (and myself) have met and married men from nationalities other than our own while living abroad.

White men who go to Asia and find a partner there are no different from other men and women who do the same exact thing all over the world. It is nothing unique at all. Rather, it’s quite common for expats.

I wrote such a great post, and it was deleted…

So how about someone imagine they know what I said, and comment on that…

Sorry, Tango42, you are way off on this one.
With moves like that you couldn’t even get one of the losers back home.

Quentin and Indiana are spot on.

[quote=“Quentin”]If you think you’re a loser living in Taiwan, think about what the people you went to high school with are doing these days, what great successes they’ve become. There are these amazing new inventions on the internet called Facebook and MySpace where you can do exactly that. You can see all your friends from 10 to 20 years ago from college and high school and how they’ve all gained 40 lbs. and are stuck in dead-end jobs and twice divorced and possibly alcoholic and struggling to make car payments and spend their free time uploading pictures of themselves back in high school and gossipping about the “good old days” online because those were the happiest days of their now-mediocre lives.

As for all this jive about “you came to Asia because you couldn’t get a white woman!”, lots of guys I knew back home, probably most of’em, stuck with that one girl they met in high school or college for years and years until they finally said, “To heck with it, might as well marry her if I’ve been sticking around this long.” Nothing wrong with that, if it makes you happy; seems to make a lot of people - well, if not “happy” exactly, at least content. Really, is that what being a “winner” means? As opposed to hopping around the globe and dating exotic foreign women of various nationalities and ethnicities, which apparently makes you a “loser” because “you couldn’t get women like that back home!”[/quote]

Quentin: I largely agree with you, although some of the people I went to school with, and many of the people I went to university with (or more specifically, lived at college with) are actually doing some pretty crazy stuff now.

Like I said, I largely agree though. Why would I want to be in a dead-end job in Australia, commuting long distances, suffering through its economy and the shitty forward planning by the electorate and politicians? Why would I want to be in one of those relationships you talked about, being estranged from my partner and children, partly because we were naturally just boring, and partly because work constantly wore us down to reach that point?

Hell, I’ve lived in five countries and travelled to dozens more. I’ve seen some incredible things and met some awesome people. My life rocks. The older I get, the more I know it rocks and the more it will rock. Unlike a lot of people I knew who were dreading 30, I knew my 30s were going to be fantastic. My 40s will be even better because I will have built upon all I’ve already seen and done. My only regret will be that I won’t get to live forever and see and do it all.

I’m not going to get fat and boring/bored.

[quote=“GuyInTaiwan”]
Like I said, I largely agree though. Why would I want to be in a dead-end job in Australia, commuting long distances, suffering through its economy and the shitty forward planning by the electorate and politicians? Why would I want to be in one of those relationships you talked about, being estranged from my partner and children, partly because we were naturally just boring, and partly because work constantly wore us down to reach that point? [/quote]

Now, to be fair, this has little to do with what nationality your partner is and has everything to do with if the person is a good match or not.

I think that for many of us expats, the thought of living at home is depressing, simply because we have traveled and lived abroad and like to be on our toes. But to be honest, I think that sharing those experiences with a like-minded partner can be fulfilling and exciting, no matter where your partner is from. For me anyway, it is more about having a partner who enjoys sharing the same experiences as I do and who has a zest for life and a commitment to never being dull or boring, and to always have fun. It wouldn’t have mattered to me if he was from the US or another country, as long as he wanted the most from life, like I do.

Sorry, I am going off track a bit…but what I am getting at is that for a lot of people who choose to live overseas, they enjoy the excitement of everyday life and find that they can share that excitement with people of other cultures. They would not find that same excitement living in their home country, doing the same day-to-day mundane stuff, because they fear that they and their partner would become equally as mundane over the years. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t have an exciting, fun life with a person from your own country, too. It just requires finding someone who thinks the same as you do.

Agree 100%. Hit 30 straps on. And my mojo has sky-rocketed. Life is beautiful, and I date a dozen women. Why - because I can. Each woman enjoys my company because I treat them well while I’m with them. Some are young (21ish) and studying, some are businesswomen with more than company on the go. I tell them straight up I choose to be single till I’m ready to commit and they accept that.

Some of these posts are going to depress the hell out of Buttercup.

[quote=“Elegua”][quote=“Quentin”]If you think you’re a loser living in Taiwan, think about what the people you went to high school with are doing these days, what great successes they’ve become. There are these amazing new inventions on the internet called Facebook and MySpace where you can do exactly that. You can see all your friends from 10 to 20 years ago from college and high school and how they’ve all gained 40 lbs. and are stuck in dead-end jobs and twice divorced and possibly alcoholic and struggling to make car payments and spend their free time uploading pictures of themselves back in high school and gossipping about the “good old days” online because those were the happiest days of their now-mediocre lives.

What do you do if you came to Asia and that happened to you anyway?[/quote]

Then you’re really screwed. And not in a good way…

I came to Taiwan because I wanted to get with Taiwanese men. I’ve never had one and I heard they could be quite darling, like they would text you to tell you to remember to eat lunch or to remember to wear a jacket when it’s 400 degrees out. But I find that endearing.

Kept getting with the white men. What IS it with me? Dang! Taiwanese boys just didn’t dig me. Oh well.

Oh wait, what’s this thread here about again? Oh right, Asian women number one. White man can’t get none at home. So old, people!

[quote=“914”]

Oh wait, what’s this thread here about again? Oh right, Asian women number one. White man can’t get none at home. So old, people![/quote]

Agreed!!! :flog:

[quote=“Indiana”][quote=“GuyInTaiwan”]
Like I said, I largely agree though. Why would I want to be in a dead-end job in Australia, commuting long distances, suffering through its economy and the shitty forward planning by the electorate and politicians? Why would I want to be in one of those relationships you talked about, being estranged from my partner and children, partly because we were naturally just boring, and partly because work constantly wore us down to reach that point? [/quote]

Now, to be fair, this has little to do with what nationality your partner is and has everything to do with if the person is a good match or not.

I think that for many of us expats, the thought of living at home is depressing, simply because we have traveled and lived abroad and like to be on our toes. But to be honest, I think that sharing those experiences with a like-minded partner can be fulfilling and exciting, no matter where your partner is from. For me anyway, it is more about having a partner who enjoys sharing the same experiences as I do and who has a zest for life and a commitment to never being dull or boring, and to always have fun. It wouldn’t have mattered to me if he was from the US or another country, as long as he wanted the most from life, like I do.

Sorry, I am going off track a bit…but what I am getting at is that for a lot of people who choose to live overseas, they enjoy the excitement of everyday life and find that they can share that excitement with people of other cultures. They would not find that same excitement living in their home country, doing the same day-to-day mundane stuff, because they fear that they and their partner would become equally as mundane over the years. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t have an exciting, fun life with a person from your own country, too. It just requires finding someone who thinks the same as you do.[/quote]

Of course, I just meant that it’s so much harder to meet really interesting people (including a partner) back home. It’s like why everyone else you meet on the road is fascinating. Partly because they’re doing the same thing as you, and partly because they’ve actually got out there and are doing something. I’ve worked in offices and other jobs where not one single person has had anything interesting to say to me. They were all been interested in what was on TV the night before.

I agree that I wouldn’t have a problem with the right Australian girl (well, I would since I’m in a relationship now, but you know what I mean), it’s just that I didn’t meet them that often. Also, most Australian girls I find far too rough around the edges to handle. Frankly, I’m surprised that I’ve met a really amazing Taiwanese girl because many are very low on personality, plus there’s often a cultural and language barrier. I was actually convinced I’d have to go back to Europe to have a serious stab at something until I met my current girlfriend.

To be honest, I don’t care. It’s like a broken record. It depresses me in the sense that I start t wonder if flob is somehow representative of something, but then realise it probably isn’t. I’m sick of trying to make the community into something I’d want to be part of.

I could just hang around while I’m at work and take the piss, like a lot do. I’m done trying to ’contribute’, though.

To be honest, I don’t care. It’s like a broken record. It depresses me in the sense that I start t wonder if flob is somehow representative of something, but then realise it probably isn’t. I’m sick of trying to make the community into something I’d want to be part of.[/quote]

Heres the thing Bcup. Its like you live in a town (flob) where theres a lot of bullshit on the streets. You walk around them and get to the shops you want to frequent. You wish there were a lot less bulls around so there would be a lot less bullshit. But fact is, its a Bull town and not a Cow town and the Bullshit continues to litter the street.

Maybe, concentrate on the shops you go to and conduct your business rather then trying to be the towns mayor and remove all the bulls? Specially the Tommybulls, those are particularly odious. Just realize that this is virtual India and there are just a lot of bulls around??