Why are you here? why not go home?

I’ve got the suit, but I lost the instruction manual.

Home is where the heart is, and for me that’s where I am now.

“Better Jobs & Pay”? Not necesarily. Actually, I like my job here much better than in the states. A 40 million USD P.A. business would just be some small small cog in the US. In Taiwan it’s a stand along business. As for the pay, it is =, or better if you count the lower tax rate.

Forumosa Logic:

Because ice cream doesn’t have any bones.

I can’t go home. I say thing like, ‘no have’ and ‘there have’. I’d have to brush up on my speaking abilities.

I just moved here, and I hate moving. I want to put off that hell for as long as I can…

Bwah!! See!! You guys all prove my theory that foreigners in Taiwan tend to stay longer.

And there always has to be a reason for why you want to stay somewhere. You can’t just say, “Because I want to.” The truth is that you’re just too lazy to type it out…admit it.

I guess my reason would be different from most of yours. I want to move back to Taiwan for the hot Taiwanese guys. And for that addicting betelnut… just kidding.

So I guess you guys will be in Taiwan FOR-EV-ER.

Did most of you guys plan this? Or it just happened??

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Forumosa Logic:

Because ice cream doesn’t have any bones.[/quote]

Or, There are no bones in ice cream. :slight_smile:

and there aren’t ya know

I got here in November and will leave in August.

There goes your theory :raspberry: :laughing:

I was just about to board a plane then I was talked into signing a two-year lease on a cool apartment to save some cash. Then after that…I’m outta here! :bravo:

Have you got any idea what I would pay on cool apartment in Vancouver? :loco:

[quote=“Chun Li”]Bwah!! See!! You guys all prove my theory that foreigners in Taiwan tend to stay longer.

And there always has to be a reason for why you want to stay somewhere. You can’t just say, “Because I want to.” The truth is that you’re just too lazy to type it out…admit it.[/quote]

Somehow, after reading such an insulting and condescending post, I’m not inclined to explain anything to you.

[quote=“Chun Li”]

Why are you all still living there?![/quote]

What do you mean still? I just got here. You should get to know your audience a little better before making judgmental statements about them.

Come on, Chun Li’s just bantering – no need to jump down her throat!

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“ImaniOU”]Forumosa Logic:

Because ice cream doesn’t have any bones.[/quote]

Or, There are no bones in ice cream. :slight_smile:

and there aren’t ya know[/quote]

No, wrong, both of you. Very soon you’ll see the new ice cream flavour on the shelf (freezer) . Chicken/coriander with small bone fragments.

To be honest, why I stay, because I was so stupid to open my own place and now I need to work 16 hours a day. So, no time to leave.

Why do we stay … as they say in Chinese, “no why” (mei yo wei se ma).

Seriously though. I think the standard of my life has improved since moving to Taiwan. Everything’s convenient & cheap, and there are many non work-related things to occupy my free time … and my beautiful girlfriend of course, whom i love very much!

teggs

Watanabee - Your existence was nonexistent to me until you posted here. And, I could care less.

Jefferson, that’s just another reason to be lazy.

Notsu, why are you leaving? Too hot? Smelly? Backwards? The pizza is nasty?

[quote=“Chun Li”]Watanabee - Your existence was nonexistent to me until you posted here. And, I could care less.
Jefferson, that’s just another reason to be lazy.

Notsu, why are you leaving? Too hot? Smelly? Backwards? The pizza is nasty?[/quote]

Uhm, you’re posts are taking a turn toward the snippy. Why go that way?

I stay here because my business is here. The weather is better than from where I come from. My wife’s family is here.

As much as I like being in the US, I now prefer to live in Taiwan.

BTW, what you call laziness might be frustration in having to answer the same question (Why are you here/Why do you stay?) for the 100th time.

peace
:slight_smile:

[quote=“jdsmith”]
BTW, what you call laziness might be frustration in having to answer the same question (Why are you here/Why do you stay?) for the 100th time.
:slight_smile:[/quote]

Could have been worse; she could have asked where we’re all from first. How many times have we all had to face that one?:wink:

Short answer to the original question: Because I’m happy here. Don’t ask for the long answer; wait for my biography after I’m dead and gone.

By the way, the one who asks the question is usually the one that has doubts. Chun? Why are you here? And don’t try to ditch the question by saying it’s for hot men; I’d be more inclined to believe that it was to be snide to other posters…no friends to be found here that way!

CK

[quote=“Chun Li”]Seriously, folks, I’ve asked myself that question about why I’m still in Shanghai as opposed to Taiwan, but now I want to ask you guys…

Why are you living in Taiwan? Isn’t it about time to go back to your “passported” country? I love Taiwan. I wouldn’t mind living there forever. But I wonder why most of us live overseas and don’t go back home… My home is in the states (but I’m Taiwanese American) but I still prefer Taiwan. There’s better jobs, standards of living, and better air at home but I just can’t figure it out. I just want to go back to Taiwan!!

WHY?? WHY??

Why are you all still living there?![/quote]
Last time I checked a home is your residence, where you live. I live in Taiwan, this is my home. It sounds to me like you miss your family and friends or don’t have enough where you currently are.

Why would I go back to my “passported” country if I live here now?

Why don’t you go home? Or are you having trouble figuring out where home is?

I enjoy telling people my girlfriend goes to the local market and buys 80 dumplings for 100nt and we make 3 meals out of them. Around a single USD 1.00 for 2 people to be well fed.

:slight_smile:

On the other side, the weather drives me crazy. I miss nice blue sky mild days and do have an exit plan to keep my sanity.