Why aren't the girls getting taller, too?

Watch out guys, this one’s definitely the Feds. :wink:

5’4" is perfect, dear. Just be yourself.[/quote]How tall is that? in cm?[/quote]

A little under 4’5"

Take the feet, times 12. Plus the inches. So 64".

Then multiply by 2.54. Sorry, I don’t do math :smiley:
So, she’s a little shorter than you.

Take the feet, times 12. Plus the inches. So 64".

Then multiply by 2.54. Sorry, I don’t do math :smiley:
So, she’s a little shorter than you.[/quote]162.56 cm at twelve already? How tall you are going to be, dear? :raspberry:

=D I just checked on a tape measurer…5’4" is 164 cm.
And hehe…I had a big growth spurt when I was younger now, but I think it’s slowing down alot now. =P

[quote=“NingNing”]=D I just checked on a tape measurer…5’4" is 164 cm.
And hehe…I had a big growth spurt when I was younger now, but I think it’s slowing down alot now. =P[/quote]

And your surfing the net at 2:00am in the morning? on a school night? And do Taiwanese use feet and inches? Wait a minu…

:cluck:

o.o" It’s 11:44 AM here, and it’s spring break… I live in America right now. That’s the reason why I used feet and inches. =D

Welcome to forumosa.

Hope you will have fun.

You know that “feds” comment? They always give themselves away. :wink:

NingNing,

Really?! 164cm?! Huh, you are quite tall really.
Exercise more, eat more, sleep more, you’re stilling growing up.
Be healthy, and, be yourself :wink:

[quote=“GongChangZhang”]Is it possible that the taller generation (not that I’ve noticed it myself) could be because of the input into the gene pool from the mainland Chinese who came here in around 1950.

The Northern Chinese are disticntively taller than the southern Chinese and the Taiwanese Chinese are from southern stock. But now there has been introduced more northern stock. So unless the two groups marry only within their respective groups there would surely be an over all change in the Taiwanese gene pool.[/quote]

news-record.com/sports/local … 041305.htm

[quote]
Nearly 7-foot-9 player from China training for NBA in Greensboro

4-13-05

By Kellie Dixon, Staff Writer
News & Record

GREENSBORO