Why do I dislike Islam?

I have always advised you to be less contentious :relaxed:

Presuming all religions are false, I find very little utility in Islam that outweighs the negatives.

1 Like

That’s the thing. IMO christanity isn’t inherently better or worse, its the followers that have decided to ignore/alter the parts that don’t make sense in a modern world. Islam is not any more evil than christianity but its followers are mostly from poor countries (or at least recently rich ones) that never even had real democracy. Given time I am sure they will follow in the footsteps pf chrisianity and become milder.

Are you kidding me? Slavery was encouraged by christian values and ideas.

Muhammad did not create the empire, it was his successors that decided to go apeshit.

Slavery as an institution has been around far before Christianity, which Christian value advocates for slavery? Some used Christianity to justify chattel slavery in the transatlantic slave trade period, but many Christians spoke against slavery all the way back to saint Augustine. Did we just ignore that many Christians and Christian sects were on the forefront of abolition? And let’s not ignore that the transatlantic Slave trade was very much contributed by Islam.

1 Like

The oil rich Islamic countries have very high GDP per capita and have done for quite a while. Saudi Arabia was number one half a century ago.

Given time I’m sure they will follow in the footsteps of Christianity. How long are we talking, 700 years or so?

His very much started the Islamic empire through his conquest. If you want to argue semantics of what qualifies as an empire fine, what he ruled was technically not an empire. But it founded it and he was a warlord that conquered and ruled territory.

1 Like

It seems that the thread refers to Islam specifically. Many other Religions have fault and there are threads discussing them . Seems to me "whataboutism’ to refer to them here.
Fortunately , in todays World , there are fewer extreme exponents of crazy ideologies that take hold and are followed by millions. Islam would appear to be an exception , as a large percentage of followers still retain beliefs that do not fit well into Western society.
The intolerance to accept opposing views and Western Laws, is at odds with the West accepting many followers , hoping for a change .
Immams are still spewing out their hatred and encouraging non-integration. Very sad .
Any criticism is almost illegal now.

Muslims are not a threat, at least not in direct violent way. Sure they have their own ghettos with their shitty religious rules and primitive customs, traditions here in Europe (west Europe), but they are political just too primitive to be any kind of threat for western civilization/Christianity. Chinese or CCP is much bigger threat.

First little problem with Muslims emigrants is they do spend governmental money and generally do not contribute much to society. Sure we need non qualified workers, but Europe works based on welfare and their living standard is simple above their productivity level. Is a concept, of which Americans and Asians having hard time to understand. There is huge re consolidation going on in Europe with wealth, income earned. Yea non qualified workers are need, but they take huge chunk of money, which is paid by usually high skills locals. They get social apartments, they get coupons for food, free kindergarten, they send money home, their wife staying at home (opportunity cost of not working and contributing to GDP).

And here i already touch second - marge large problem. Muslim emigrants are just huge opportunity cost for Europeans. They hardly adjust to our culture, values and generally do not generate high income (do not pay taxes). Not mentioning blacks from Africa. We could open EU for Indians, Vietnamese, Philippines, South Africans, Russians, Ukraines, and already having good scientists with next generation, or maybe even with first. Not mention you can date their girls, and many of em making great wife. Who gonna marry a Muslim girl? No European girl wanna marrying muslim guy. Come on, give me a break. They have very strong mentality us and and em. There is no mix between locals and muslims. To Muslims is only one way, you have to adjust to them. Europeans girls say no thank you.

Like Kuan Lee said bombing middle east, and whole dealing with Muslims is just a huge distraction for a western world. Nothing from those people. Real GDP in a future, down the road 30 years, will come from 3 places

1. south east Asia,
  2. China
    3 India.

Western world will have only like 25 % GDP together, while those 3 areas like 60 %

Btw, there is speculation that the vest-donning initiative was started in a very circular arena, politics, in the Turkish republic. It was only adopted by the radicals after they say how it worked in Turkey’s favour. Taking notes as it were.

I thought the Suicide Vest was adopted from the Sri Lanka’s Tamil Tigers. The Jihadists saw its success from the Tamils.

Oh my…

I would guess then it is more of a two way street :laughing:

I took a leaf from @Brianjones page, bit of poetic license and all. That was an allusion to the idea of taking taking the lives of others whilst losing your own at the same time. Its always more comforting to speak in nebulous or indirect terms, what with flagged keywords and such.

As a battle tactic this method has a tradition far older than the tamils. At some stage it spawned jokes about why Japanese pilots bother wearing helmets at all.

As a political tool it really recent as the Turkish president’s predecessor.

Credit where credit’s due, suicide vests are a Chinese invention. They were being used decades before the Sri Lankan civil war (which I blame on the British colonial legacy, by the way).

The Chinese really missed a trick with the possibilities of gunpowder.

1 Like

I would say its a matter of perspective. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are Abrahmic religions, originating from a common core, with some divergence in their development. Judaism for instance disregards the new testament. The old testament has a god of war at its core, advocating a tooth for a tooth. For its part christianity is not a homogeneous blend, with protestants, baptists, catholics and pentecostals. English America was one result of of that internal strife.

Partof the reasons migrants might pay fewer taxes (disregarding what they get into their pocket) are avoidance and evasion, certainly not unique to migrants (industries and countries have thrived around this). The levels of incomes migrants get should be taken into account, as they are usually paid less than the locals (with the exception of cultural services). Have a gander at this link.

Getting info from books and articles can be useful if look at it from an objective perspective, comparing it with reality and with other sources of information. It is evidently that governments, groups, and well people, use misinformation to manipulate the masses. Please look at reality: Muslims do not integrate in the best cases and are deadly in the worse cases; most migrants in Taiwan come to work vs most migrants in western countries go there to be helped while sucking government benefits right and left. You have in Europe high unemployment rates so labor is not needed, however they still go because they have their own personal interests.

Based on how this thread is moving, we might consider just changing the title: “Are Forumosans racist?”

Honestly folks, given our various minority positions here in Taiwan, I hope we can do better than this. Cause right now this thread sucks.

Guy

4 Likes

Well, of course. All osans are racist, or at least there is racism everywhere. I thought we’d moved beyond that question to “But if all osans are racist does that mean we shouldn’t discuss Forumosan racism?” Because hypocrisy or something.

2 Likes