Why do men blame the other man, and not the girl?

But even when you don’t cheat you still got to pay for it.
Dinner, jewelry, wedding, luxury cars, house, vacation, education for the children, etc.
You think it is easy to keep a girl hot and horny for 20 years without having some materialism involved. :laughing:
Because in the long term the SO will want some symbol of status, and those cost.
Its more expensive to go straight, than to cheat.

Even if you exclude the “professional women” from the discussion, it is cheaper to cheat with acquaintances in the long run. Because it is usually about alleviating bordom and injecting some spice in life to the normal routine. So the cost involved to break routine is cheaper.

Even if you talk about a semi-committed relationship with a “gold-digger.” It is still relatively less expensive than maintaining straight committed relationship.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]But even when you don’t cheat you still got to pay for it.
Dinner, jewelry, wedding, luxury cars, house, vacation, education for the children, etc.
You think it is easy to keep a girl hot and horny for 20 years without having some materialism involved. :laughing:
Because in the long term the SO will want some symbol of status, and those cost.
Its more expensive to go straight, than to cheat.

Even if you exclude the “professional women” from the discussion, it is cheaper to cheat with acquaintances in the long run. Because it is usually about alleviating bordom and injecting some spice in life to the normal routine. So the cost involved to break routine is cheaper.

Even if you talk about a semi-committed relationship with a “gold-digger.” It is still relatively less expensive than maintaining straight committed relationship.[/quote]

That’s very moving AC. You should start your own advice column.

Do you think there is a market in giving advice to cheaters?

No, but how about a second hand soul broker for you know who

Regarding the OP, this is purely an explanation and not a justification. Just wanted to make that clear.

I think in these situation a lot of men basically consider the woman to be an irresponsible party. You know how in legal situations sometimes children, insane people, or insolvent people are basically disregarded because there isn’t anything you can do about them, and things are resolved amongst the adults/sane/solvent people. Well I think there’s a tendency in men to regard women like that and resolve things amongst themselves (often by violence). I’m not sure whether it’s looking at women as property, or looking at them as something to be protected, or just plain not understanding the woman so you move on to the closest person you can understand, but that seems to be how it is. I think the same thing is true in other kinds of relationship scenarios. For instance, cheating on your wife = bad, but cheating on your wife with a married woman = really bad, even though presumably the other woman is the only one who really owes a duty to the other man.

That’s one option.

Another one is:

You find a woman who has no problem with an (occasionally) open relation to begin with. In my experience this avoids a lot of jealousy issues and never turned into more than someone once a year or two sleeping somewhere else. But that’s my personal experience only, your milage may vary and it is of course not everyone’s cup of tea.

Ideally the lady in question also has a certain kinky streak. No gasmasks and chariots, just a healthy appetite for the unconventional.

Then, when the scenario described by the OP happens you take it in a stride. Tell her what a damn slut she is “sleeping around behind you”. And that she for sure has it coming now. Well, maybe not right then, she probably at least needs a shower at least. Hmmm, thinking of it … dragging her to the bathroom and hose her cold prison style may be an option … Anyhow - just try to keep a straight face as you pretend you are “very, very angry now”.

Would that be an option for you too ac? Just asking (and trying to get silly ideas into your head).

P.S.: What was the topic of this thread again? Oh yes … guys beating up guys once they got delivered less than subtle that their relationship has expired. Sorry, I kind of got distracted. Dirty games, bad doggie …

Germans. :unamused:

games,

Guilt sex is interesting. Almost as good as angry sex. But not as good as make-up sex.

But let’s say that this is already part of the weekly role playing…

One needs other “hooks” to make her feel guilty. To make an individual emotionally dependent, so that she keeps coming back after straying is what you’re describing, I think.

There is only one slight flaw in the OP in my opinion. The mindset for most men is “There are more fishes in the sea.” So if a fish is taken, a guy will admire the fish, tell his friends about that fish, but go looking for another fish.

It is usually women that seek to upgrade their relationship as a sign of status among their peers.

Why the hell didn’t I think of that? I love it.

Not really. What I am describing is the potential fun factor the OP scenario holds in a functioning open relationship. Thing is though an open relation requires as much trust and monitoring as a closed one if not more. If that’s not invested one may end up in as much trouble either way.

But let’s say that this is already part of the weekly role playing…[/quote]

Your weekly roleplays involve other guys coming over? :astonished:

Most interesting.

i did blame her and divorced her.