Why does a certain segment of the white population in Taiwan insist on calling themselves immigrants?

Doesn’t happen in Hong Kong, Singapore, or Korea. And two of those places tend to have higher quality whites.

Boring not even going to click on it.

7 Likes

What would you know about the expat populations in those places? Have you lived in any of them? I lived in South Korea for 6 years, and there’s no difference in overall quality between the expat population there and here. What a ridiculous thread.

3 Likes

I think it is the top charging washing machines that are omnipresent in Taiwan. They destroy totally the majority of vestments after sometimes a singles wash. I found it especially stressful for whites, but also for shirts of any color.

21 Likes

Lol!

I’ve spent my time in all of them. Agreed that South Korea isn’t above Taiwan much on quality, but nobody calls themselves immigrants there.

If by “higher quality whites” you are referring to the fact a lot are working as professionals in those countries, you might be right, but this speaks to the fact that Taiwan is very isolationist.

HK, Singaporian, Japanese, and to a much lesser extent Korean companies were quick to realize the benefit foreigners bring to their industries. Taiwan is a very hard nut to crack to get into non teaching, translating, or trade company jobs.
Companies couldn’t be bothered to hire foreigners, they simply don’t see any need to which leads to Taiwan being even more isolated in world standings

2 Likes

I guess this is based on the quantitative research study you conducted there. How large was the pool of expats you surveyed?

I thought immigrant was the politically correct term nowadays? Expat is a white privilege term, or supremacist or something. Or is it the other way round? I can’t keep up anymore.

2 Likes

toxic immigrants

2 Likes

Don’t those places get a lot of 5 years and out Europeans/Brits trying to cut their teeth in banking/finance before heading back to the homeland? Derpy if you are here in Taiwan, I would concur with you that you are lacking in quality.

2 Likes

Enough that the correlation coefficient was trending pretty close to 1

Perhaps. In contrast maybe it’s because Taiwan has a lot of long term ESLbros that knock up their rainy then start calling themselves Taiwanese

ESLbros make a lot more than your average Taiwanese for a lot less work, so it’s nothing to make fun of.
Thus attracting the Rainys that make the locals lose their shit on PTT

The website below looks like it’s straight up your alley for you to ask all the curious white-people-related questions you have.

Please report back on your findings with a double-spaced report in Times New Roman, no shorter than 5 pages.

Some members here may help you even get published in New Bloom Magazine.

http://whitenessproject.org

Whiteness Project is an interactive investigation into how Americans who identify as white, or partially white, understand and experience their race.

[quote] Definition of immigrant

: one that immigrates: such as

a : a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence [/quote]

Am I missing why many white immigrants shouldn’t call themselves an.immigrant? As I understand it anyone from outside Taiwan and has citizenship or aprc is by definition an immigrant…or is this a white guilt kind of race/class thing?

2 Likes

this is all I got…
sept%204%202016%20AN%20GATHERING

1 Like

Whoa. Popeye’s a Nazi now??
POPEYE

That’s kind of a kick in the ass…

2 Likes

The dude on the left is disproportionate. His legs should be much longer relative to the size of his torso. If walking around with stubby cartoon legs is his idea of genetic superiority, then I’ll stay low quality thanks.

2 Likes

aren’t those the foreign laoban of…