Why is everyone so scared of China?

Exactly! It would take a long time for them to come. Overwise they would have to bomb Taiwan and everyone on Earth is done for then. People act like China is already here - nope.

Taiwan hasn’t even called all military age men to come back.

It’s all a pissing contest. Just like how N. Korea was supposedly going to invade. Last I checked N. Korea never invaded America or bombed us. :roll_eyes:

Mind you I do think maybe one day they will come but it will be after I’m long gone. If it’s somehow magically before then we’re more likely to be deported than killed.

1 Like

Actually America could take North Korea anytime. They don’t because they know China will respond with force. It’s the same with Taiwan. A bunch of countries including America will respond with force if China even tries to take Taiwan. Except China doesn’t even have the naval capability to project their force.

The difference is China could just roll tanks across a border to defend North Korea. They will need a very good navy to come to Taiwan, and navy is America’s strong suit.

The border is literally a river… :thinking:

1 Like

1 Like

Rivers aren’t hard to cross compared to an entire body of water… They can erect a bridge in days if need be. Or even float across with pontoon bridge.

Both of which make easy targets.

you mean, like this?

On your main point that the Chinese can’t mobilize an invasion force quickly, and that we don’t have to worry about an imminent and unstoppable invasion, I agree.

Most modern tanks since the 1960s may deep ford. This allows heavy main battle tank to cross rivers even where existing river crossings are inadequate, destroyed, or heavily defended.

Is that the Yalu? :thinking:

Not to mention North Korea is friendly with China and wouldn’t really contest their entry…

Last time the Korean War failed because of China.

The river measures about 460 feet (140 metres) in width and 3 feet (1 metre) in depth at Hyesan and is 640 to 800 feet (200 to 250 metres) wide and 4.5 feet (1.4 metres) deep at Chunggang.

Most of the river freezes during winter and can be crossed on foot. The depth of the Yalu River varies from some of the more shallow parts on the eastern side in Hyesan (1 meter (3 ft 3 in)) to the deeper parts of the river near the Yellow Sea (2.5 meters (8 ft 2 in)).

How would any army ever cross the impenetrable barrier that is the river Yalu?

1 Like

Boats.

I think Taiwan strait is a bit harder to cross, in fact requires really large boats most the year…

1 Like

Not pulling any punches, if it is this dire for China we either have no reason to be afraid or we have more reason since it might push Xi to do something drastic

China’s Crisis of Confidence

1 Like

https://archive.ph/08diK

For those who don’t want to view the paywall.

1 Like

FP, like many others, gives a few freebies per month. But thank you

It seemed unable to hand me a freebie. I don’t read FP.

:idunno:

I think I offered up an email address